[Review] Exogear’s Exolife battery case for iPhone 4/4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ivanfsg, Feb 27, 2012.

1. ivanfsg, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

ivanfsg macrumors newbie

Over the last couple of weeks I have been testing a battery case – Exogear’s Exolife. First things first, I have to make a remark – this case doesn’t look like any other I’ve used until now. The reason for this is that this is the lightest and the thinnest iPhone 4/4S battery case on the market.

The material Exogear chose to use for the manufacturing of their product is polycarbonate, which works really well for protection. Exolife is made of two parts – a back panel with attached battery and the front side which surrounds your mobile phone. Exogear claim that this case will double your iPhone battery’s durability. The 1500 mAh battery will be able to prolong your iPhone battery with 7 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 40 hours of audio playback, 10 hours of video playback or up to 300 hours of standby time. If you are in need of serious battery extension or the ability to use your phone (in a reasonable fashion) for up to a week without having to recharge, Exolife is the way to go. This product is perfect for those who want to recharge their iPhone once every couple of days or the iPhone fans whose battery can’t even last a day. The gamers will find this particularly interesting, as the graphic intense games suck the life out of your battery. The case uses a miniUSB cable for recharging (included in the set). You can use one cable to recharge both your iPhone and the case’s battery, which also works with iTunes. On the back of the case there is an indicator, which shows how much charge is in the battery. There is a button so you can switch this battery on and off. When your mobile phone is charged, it shuts itself down to preserve energy.

I recommend Exolife to everyone who needs more durable battery. The thin design is what makes this product unique and different from all the other battery cases. Alternatively, you can order it from Exogear’s website for US$79.96

Attached Files:

2. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Sounds more like an advertisement than a review

3. reebs macrumors 6502

Don't waste your money by buying this. Mine stopped working in a few months. Issues I've had...would just automatically turn on/off while in my pocket, over time but faster than normal loss of battery capacity. Try Incipio off grid for battery case that is thin and reliable!

4. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I've had that one. It's ok but definitely not the thinnest and lightest.

It feels flimsy when you hold it. That's because the band around the iPhone is what holds the battery case to the phone. It's not super tight and when you hold the phone in your palm you can see the band move a little.

Mini USB is also something I don't like. Micro USB has been here for a while now so I don't see why this case didn't come with it.