Review for the Olala S100-I charger with built in lightning cord

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nhwhazup, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Nhwhazup, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016

Nhwhazup macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

image.jpeg To be perfectly transparent, I received this product in exchange for a review. I have another charger and I usually don't accept products unless they look like something that I would use and this was no exception.

What's different with this charger is the built in Apple lightning cord to charge your iPhone. I like that the cord is included - no need to think about or search around in the bottom of your bag or backpack for a cord when you are on the go and need a charge.

The charger has two charger ports so you can charge 2 different devices at one time. The attached lightning cord is specifically for an iPhone or iPod. The other port which fits via USB can be used for iPhone, iPod or iPad.

Now for the not so cool - the charging cord that comes to charge the charger is very short. I have a USB charger that I have in a normal height electrical outlet. In trying to use it, I had the option of letting it dangle or setting a box underneath it to prop it up. So for me, I have a longer cord that I'll most likely use instead of the one that came with it.

Recommendation: The charger works well and charges similar to my Anker charger. I do like the convenience of having the built in lightning cord. What would be super cool is if the Olala charger also had the electrical charger cord built it. That would make it truly stand out from all the other chargers out there.

See the link and a discount coupon code below.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BWJPYMQ

Save $4 on [Apple MFi Certified] OLALA 13000mAh Portable Charger with built-in Lightning Cable

Coupon code: N8OIH8UR

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

So what happens when the little built-in cord breaks?

3. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

It seems pretty solid so I don't think it would break. There is also the 2nd USB charger port as well.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

My point being, built-in cords are great, until they break, then you have a useless (or in this case 1/2 useless) product.

Also too expensive. Can get an Anker 16,0000mHa for $31 without the coupon. Thanks for the review though.