REVIEW: Fortte leather belt pouch that fits 4S Commuter/Candyshell, etc. w/Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ozshadow, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ozshadow macrumors regular

I carried my Blackberry for 3 years in a Fortte horizontal leather belt pouch and loved it. It was the only pouch I know of that had an option for a quality sewn leather belt loop instead of a plastic clip that can pop off at the worst of times.

When I purchased my iPhone 4S, I wanted a case to protect it if I dropped it, as it seemed too delicate. I, like many, chose the Otterbox Commuter. While this is a nice case for protection, I absolutely hated carrying my iphone in my pants pocket or shirt pocket.

After a bit of research, I found that my iPhone in the Commuter was the exact same size as a Samsung Epic 4G phone on Sprint (the one with the slide out keyboard, not the new Touch version)

This led me back to my favorite case, the Fortte horizonal leather belt case, only I ordered it made for the Samsung Epic 4G.

I received it today and I have to say, it fits perfectly! The phone slips right in and out easily, but does not have any excess wiggle room. It has enough slip to not snag the bottom flap or mash the power button. The case itself is made entirely out of leather, stitched very well. As I said, my BB case held up for 3 years of daily use and still functions just fine.

The case has a lightly padded felt lining. It does have a magnetic snap if that is a concern for you. It never bothered my BB. I love the full belt loop - it is a couple dollars extra.

This should fit a Speck Candyshell equally well. My wife has one.

It took about 2 weeks to get. It is made in Bolivia.

So, here are some photos of the case:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DougNg macrumors member

Fortte is a great company. I don't know if they still do, but they used to make custom sized cases so long as you provided them with the dimensions

3. Viremia macrumors regular

This might just be exactly what I've been looking for. I've got a hipster pouch already, but it only fits a naked 4S. Knowing that the one for the Epic 4G fits your commuter makes my research MUCH easier. Cheers! :)

4. gpp macrumors newbie

been sitting here for 2 hours looking for the same thing.thanks for the help.

5. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

6. ozshadow thread starter macrumors regular

Fortte.com

If you search around the web, you can find coupon codes for stuff like 20% off and free shipping etc.

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Looks like one of those cases you can get at mall booths...I in fact looked at a few today that look just like that one. No name brands though.

I ended up picking up a nice thin case for my iPhone that fits a bumper (graft leverage). Needed something to hook onto my pants during work when I can't stuff my pockets. This case turned out to be an awesome buy despite me having to mod it a bit by cutting off the belt loops. I don't need/like them.

Not to hijack, but I wanted to show that there are some nice leather pouches out there. Not necessarily a brand name. This one looks thinner than the one posted by the OP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ozshadow thread starter macrumors regular

All of the cheaper cases I tried with my Blackberry, even one branded Monaco with nicer leather, had leather covered sprung steel clips. Every single one I had, and my father in law has had, resulted in that steel clip detaching. Luckily I did not loose me phone.

That was what originally started me on a search for a fully sewn belt loop. Some people would prefer the ratcheting plastic clip version, but they always dig into my side on all the cases.

I'm extremely pleased with my 3 year old Fortte BB case and hope this one lasts just as long.

9. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I really like the color of that otterbox..I just wish that circle wasn't cut out in the back. What a shame. To have such a protective case with a gaping hole...

10. ozshadow thread starter macrumors regular

BF2011 gets you 40% off but today is the last day.

We just upgraded my wife's dad to an iPhone yesterday so I had to order him one. He was hinting hard that he wanted one like mine. We just kept telling him maybe Santa Claus will bring him one.

And so goes the last Blackberry on our account. I don't miss having one, but it is sad to see such a great company sink.

11. sleepy523, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

sleepy523 macrumors newbie