Review: iPhone 6 Plus sound quality worse than iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohenriquez, May 6, 2015.

1. ohenriquez macrumors member

ohenriquez

Dear members

According to whathifi, quality of sound of iPhone 6 Plus is worse than the iPhone 6:
    http://www.whathifi.com/apple/iphone-6-plus/review

It does not make sense to me that this would be the case and I may feel that the author opinion may be subjective: he mentioned "muddled"
    I wonder whether any of you have compared music sound between iphone 6 and 6 Plus and if they are the same or different.

2. Wonderfantasy macrumors newbie

I have both and think otherwise. Anyway whathifi is not very reliable when it comes to reviewing music quality.

3. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

4. iOS909 macrumors member

I have owned both phones. I didn't notice any difference in sound quality between either of them when switching.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't have both, but I will say that the sound quality of the IP6+ was no worse (or better?) then my iPhone 5c. For my needs, I find it very good.

6. Newtons Apple, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I also have both and can not tell the difference between my 6 and 6+ when listening to music. I can tell you that both of my iPhones sound better than my iPod Touch. Not by alot but there is a slight difference.

Edit: My above comments are for sound heard on my wireless studio headphones and not the speaker on my phones

7. ohenriquez thread starter macrumors member

ohenriquez

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Exactly. It is entirely subjective. To me, the sound quality of the loudspeaker on my 6+ is one of the biggest positives of the phone. It is rich, warm and non-fatiguing. However, some others like a boom-tizz kind of sound with bright treble. I hate bright, detailed treble as it plays havoc with my tinnitus. So the 6+ with its nice bass, warm midrange and rolled-off treble is perfect for me. I am of course talking about listening through the loudspeaker and not with earphones.