Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dairyman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
just picked up the incase neoprene case for my alum macbook. they only had white and it was $38

case fits pretty good it is a little bit big but over all nice fit and finish...id recommend it over just carrying your case or anythign else at the store

i went home and saw the new booq bag taipan skin for the macbook and ordered it...its on back order but when i get it i ll do a caparison

http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.373/.f?sc=2&category=2852

looks nicer than the incase IMO

Kane.Elson

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
Wow! That Taipan Booq bag looks way better than the incase that everyone always goes on about. I can't wait to hear your review of it. I might have to get one if there are no glaring issues.

The 15" model is 364x249x25mm compared to 364x249x24.1mm for the mbp so it should be a pretty snug fit.

Keep us informed !

Dairyman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
as soon as it gets here i will... it might take a little extra time since it is "currently out of stock"

qwikrex

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
I also bought a 13" incase sleeve for my new macbook. It's a little bigger than needed due to it being made to accommodate the thicker previous gen macbooks. I'm wondering if incase is going to come up with a slimmer sleeve for the new revision.

Kane.Elson

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
The Vyper M2, the harder and more expensive version is on special down under. It is only $39(US$27) now rather than the $85(US$57.50) it was.
I wonder if it is better to get that rather than the taipan, what do you think?

Edit: Don't worry, I just noticed why. They are still for the old MBP
358x244x25mm (Vyper)
364x249x25mm (Taipan)

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I'm very interested in the Booqbag. As I was searching, I found this coupon:

G10 for 10% off.

Kane.Elson

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
Just thought I'd let anyone who is reading this know that the Vyper M3 is out now (for shipment in late November)which is like the M2 but designed for the NEW 15" MBP.
The Vyper looks like it would provide a fair bit more protection (as it is made of stiff nylon with a soft lining rather than soft neoprene)than the Taipan so it might be worth a look if you want that little bit extra protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.