Review of the $0.01 cases advertised here

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by amethystjw, Nov 14, 2010.

1. amethystjw macrumors member

amethystjw

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Have you noticed the ads for DefaultCase iPhone cases for a penny? I bought one and thought I'd share a short review with my MacRumors friends.

I bought the orange one and received it yesterday. It's not the color pictured on the DefaultCase website. It's more of a neon hunter orange color and is quite ugly, to be honest. I expected it to be the color of an orange 4th gen iPod nano, as the photos indicate.

The design is nice but it's slippery, making the risk of dropping the phone increase. The little holes are not all punched out completely (hanging chads?) so the effect is that the case looks cheap. With shipping, I paid $4.00, which I feel is a bit too much. I'd have been satisfied if I found this case at a dollar store though.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And I ordered and received a black one. One of the best cases I've ever used. Feels great, grips nicely but slides into/out of pocket with no resistance and looks great.

It definitely cheers me up when I'm down. ;)

3. daemonite macrumors member

i have four of them.

For $4 bucks each it's quite nice, customer service is quite good (I had a few with problems like yours and they sent me a new one along with another color)

I found mine to be covered in a soft touch rubber material, not that slippery when compared to a bumper case from Apple. It's decent for $4, and comes in a variety of colors, I'm frankly happy with mine and you should try to contact default case...they will respond FAST!

4. gnychis macrumors 6502

5. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

just did a little review of the default case, i like it i fell like it wont hold up over long periods of time but for 4 dollars they are ok. check out my review on the link in my signature... thanks

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I liked mine but it cracked when removing it after a few weeks. I tossed it. Fast forward to a few weeks later and I'm cleaning out emails and come across their order confirmation.

I wrote and told them how easily it broke as feedback. I got an email reply and they sent me another.

7. TEHi macrumors regular

I got an orange one and the photos looks red when taken with flash

8. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Will this work with a Zagg shield on the back?

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Even with 4 dollar shipping on these things, they're still making a killing on each case sold!

10. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

will not work with zagg its to thick. i like these cases i use them occasionally.

Attached Files:

11. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Pisses me off that they don't ship internationally :(