Review of The Macbook Pro Speck See-Thru Satin

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ERIC273, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ERIC273, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

ERIC273 macrumors 6502

1st off!
    This case is great! It clips on and stays on and is not at all loose! The Color is amazing! I have had peacock [​IMG] and jalapeño[​IMG] They are beautiful!

I have Pros and Cons though!

Pros
    The Case has a great satin like touch! It also protects and hides any scratches the computer may have! It will protect the computer from drops and absorb impact! It also makes it so you can put your computer in a regular backpack and still have it be protected without you having to buy a completely different case! This case does not act as a fingerprint magnet either!

Cons

The computer gets a large added bulk as it would get with any other case! Though the case is extremely fingerprint resistant it is prone to scratches! The case is also very hard to remove and you can scratch your computer or break the clips of the case in the process! The case also had some imperfections on receipt as pictured and captioned below!
    [​IMG]

Warranty Process is Great and Bad at the same time!, you ship them the case they send you new one!
    Only downside is they don't pay for shipping like many other companies so I had to pay $10 to get mine replaced for on hinge being cracked after 3/4 of a year of use (In my opinion this is great!)

Overall for the case 7.5/10

For the case I received as a replacement 6/10 for the blemish!

Thanks for reading!
    Eric Lang

2. iVikD macrumors regular

iVikD

Awesome case indeed, I have the black satin version and couldn't be happier. It also lets me cover the glowing apple with cellophane paper and give it a cool, colored effect without the paper sticking out like a sore thumb.

3. ERIC273 thread starter macrumors 6502

OR you could open up the computer and put it over the led!

4. ERIC273 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Elevon macrumors regular

I am planning to purchase the Spec See-thru Satin in black, your review has indeed helped a lot, thank you! =]

6. Philthy84 macrumors member

Does anyone know if the Speck case can be used in combination with a skin installed? (ex.Wrapsol, Invisishield, ect...)

7. Elevon macrumors regular

Interesting question, but I suggest making a new thread on this to get more attention, as I really want to know the answer too. :D
    Would be awesome though if the combination works and fits properly! that means I can keep the spec case permanently attached to my MBP, because I know that I'll get lazy to take it apart for cleaning, and considering that the clips around the case are rather delicate. :p