Review/Pics of: Motorola s805 Bluetooth Headphones CHEAP $$!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lemonademaker, Oct 24, 2009.

1. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    Just wanted to give a review on the Motorola S805.

Over the ear DJ style Bluetooth headphones. I tried to take the picture so you can get a reference with the size of a CD.

They paired easily with my 3gs. The volume control is a big “wheel” so it is easy to use with gloves on. (one reason I bought them but more on that later) It starts and stops music with a fairly large button (glove worthy) and pauses the music when a call comes in. While answering the call it was clear on my end. On the other end of the line I was told it sounded a little like I was talking in the shower BUT NOT BAD. (I really didn’t buy these for the call quality anyway; I bought them not to miss the call and for ear muffs in the winter) For testing purposes I wore them working in my shop in the last couple of days and was able to work within a 15-20’ radius of the GS. It could have been longer but never really walked that far away. (I’ll try to test the distance on Sunday if anyone is interested)

As far as the sound is concerned I think they sound pretty good, with a good balance of lows, mids & highs.(if your expecting the sound of a $300 set move along) To make them sound even better I only paid $32 on Amazon. Today they are up to $36, but I've seen them as low as $30 a few weeks ago.

The real reason I bought these is for snowblowing the driveway.(I know sounds weird) Last season I used my iPod tethered to a cheap set of (pita)WIRED DJ headphones and used them as Earmuffs/TO KEEP MY EARS WARM while listening to music! I’m not expecting these to “weather the storm” this winter with the sweat, snow and all the humidity around the head region when it’s snowing out, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed. Time and mother nature will tell………

All in all a great set of Bluetooth headphones, with pretty good sound, minimal dropouts on the music and most importantly NO WIRES AND ONLY PAID $32!! I’d say you can’t go wrong…. I’ll give you an update half way threw the winter after snowblowing 300’ of driveway twenty times and I might even hit the slopes with these.

(sorry, as you can tell i'm not a professional reviewer) LOL

Hope this helped!!

EDIT: it uses the Mini-USB jack for charging, so that makes it convenient

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Fyi, Bluetooth is harmful to your brain and i would imagine those headphones would be on yours or other peoples heads for long periods of time..
    Same goes for Bluetooth headsets.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

As is any radio signal.

Might as well wear copper hairnets.

4. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Or a tinfoil hat. Keeps the government from reading your thoughts, too.

5. lemonademaker thread starter macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    don't forget you have to put it on a 3' stick to hold it away from the body and then use the speaker phone function.....