Reviewers are saying Battery goes for a day and a half

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KauaiBruce, Apr 8, 2015.

1. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I have been through a bunch of the reviews and it sounds like the battery lasts longer than we feared. I know two definitely said it made it halfway through the next day. I would bet that once we get used to them and stop fiddling with them constantly we can get long life.

I also loved that the charging cord seems to be longer than I feared.

2. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

You should read the review by Gruber if you haven't, it's pretty good and he dives into the battery usage in his situation and general usage overall in a day. Even on a day he said he spend an inordinate amount of time with the device, it ended with 5% battery life.

That's good news, and while I was hoping not be worried about it, the recent tellings of the 360 got me a little anxious.

The better news is that they seem to be making room for growth. A few people complained about lag, but that means they can power components differently to work around that; a few people also complained about the display's 6 second raise-timer, but that too looks like it can be modified to work a little looser without cutting into battery to the point that it is noticeable.

Another thing to think positively for the future of apps. Overall I'm pretty stoked with what they delivered.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Like I said previously I'd want the watch to last as long as my phone so I can just charge them together.

4. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

Yeah, the reviews so far have allayed my concerns regarding the battery life. If most of them are finishing the day with 30% battery life (which popped up in a couple of reviews I read), that's great news. It indicates that Apple correctly gauged how often people would use the watch as it fits into their day. Even these reviewers, who I'm sure were putting it through its paces at times, found the battery life to be adequate, even if it isn't all it could be.

I think most people, once they settle into using the Watch, will have no problem whatsoever. There'll be battery issues at first, obviously, as people try to do everything on it. But once you use it the way it's designed to be used (for brief interactions), it won't be an issue anymore.

Sounds very promising indeed.

5. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Thanks. I had not read the Gruber review yet. It was nice to hear you even get a day if fiddling with it a LOT.

It is now really clear who the haters are. They are the ones saying the reviews are bad. Yes, many say no one 'needs' the watch but that is true of the phone too.

6. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

HMMM. I have not seen or noticed any reviews that were not the 42mm model which has a longer battery life. Smart of Apple to use those. I could not have gotten the smaller one anyway. My wrists are right at 205mm.

7. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I have super dainty wrists, 159mm, so I'll be going 38mm. Here's to hoping there isn't too much of difference.

Though, it's weird because in all of the reviews I've read, the reviewers have asked for the 42mm, but all have also been men.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Honestly, how many female tech writers are there? This is the first smart watch that even remotely caters to women, so it will take time to get women into the habit of reviewing such things.