Revoke Jony Ive's Knighthood

Should Jony Ive be fired for the iPhone 6 design?

• Fire him

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Fire him and revoke his knighthood

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fire him, revoke his knighthood, deport him and declare him an enemy of the realm

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Huge plastic antenna lines are, like, the best thing ever!

Votes: 59 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
The iPhone 6/6 Plus designs are nauseating. Just compare the 5s with the newer phones in this photo from Apple. Who here thinks Jony Ive should be fired?

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
You're in the severe minority. Something like 99% of people are commenting how much they love how beautiful the new iPhones are. And I have to agree, these are the best iPhones ever made. Scratch that, these are the most amazing phones ever made - both in terms of looks, features, and cutting-edge technologies.

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
Please delete this pointless thread. Haven't you already created a thread like this ? He's not going to be fired and he's not going to have his knighthood removed. Just the very fact that you posted this ridiculous thread proves how little you know about knighthood's.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
The iPhone 6/6 Plus designs are nauseating. Just compare the 5s with the newer phones in this photo from Apple. Who here thinks Jony Ive should be fired?

They're just featureless rectangular slabs. I find them acceptable looking.

But J. Ive got off easy, there's no style, nothing like he's capable of.

Self absorbed and too important to risk getting stressed, he's probably busy resting after creating the Mac Pro.

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
Please delete this pointless thread. Haven't you already created a thread like this ? He's not going to be fired and he's not going to have his knighthood removed. Just the very fact that you posted this ridiculous thread proves how little you know about knighthood's.
What does his knighthood have to do with not liking a smartphone that he designed?
The original thread was deleted for linking to a Change.org petition.

Ive was knighted for "services to design," so it follows that that knighthood can and should be revoked for the egregious disservice to design that is the iPhone 6.

You forgot the option;

"I'm a moron for creating this poll"
Thanks!

Tig Bitties

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2012
I'm an Android guy and Nexus fan myself, but will admit the iPhone 4 was an amazing looking and beautiful designed smartphone. And again the iPhone 5 was another great looking phone.

But this iPhone 6, seems like they gave up on the design, it's very average, just OK. Very forgettable design. And almost looks like a poor wannabe copy of the HTC One series.

dba415

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
Starting to think nothing will match the iconic iPhone 4 design in terms of wow-factor at the time. This new design is just average.

ghanwani

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
The only thing I don't like is the protruding camera. The rest is acceptable but nothing to write home about.

Last edited:

Tig Bitties

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2012
It has a sleek, clean, and very minimalist design, which is what Apple is known for. Not sure what you were expecting.
Sorry, but no. The award for sleek and minimalistic design goes to the LG G3 this year.

This iPhone 6 just looks too big and bloated at this new size now. Those bezels, my God just hideous on these larger iPhone's. The 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus is bigger than the Note 4 at 5.7", and the LG G3 at the same 5.5" screen size as the Plus, looks significantly smaller.

Agree that the white iPhone 4 might have been Apple's best looking phone to date, and even the Space Grey rear of the iPhone 5S looks 100 times better than the rear of the iPhone 6.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Design doesn't blow me away but I don't think its that bad.

Poll is so bias and leading its only going to make you look silly as people vote for your obvious sarcasm.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Talk about over dramatics. It's a phone. It is not a tragedy. People are not dying because of the lines. Please repeat after me "It's a phone" Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.