Rex Tillerson's Line

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, May 14, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Rex Tillerson was on Meet the Press this morning, and had something kind of interesting to say. I'm not sure this text gives exactly the kind of answer Tillerson was trying to make, but read literally, it does seem to portray exactly how the Trump administration works:

Todd followed up: “What's the line between service to the president and service to the country, sir? For you.”

“Well,” Tillerson replied. “I will never compromise my own values, Chuck. And so that's my only line. And my values are those of the country.”​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...explain-comeys-firing/?utm_term=.fba0e90023f4

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's fairly easy to say my goals are the countries goals, but that's only half an answer. It can't be assumed that your goals align with the countries goals unless you spell them out.

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Based on a speech to his DepState employees, he prioritizes US interests over any foreign interests, which is a plus and to a fair amount, a change from the past. He also spoke to narrowing US national interest, which is a big plus. Apparently not into regime change.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Not spoken, my understanding is his work behind the scenes to get a project in Russia up and running for Exxon. Is this the gold ring he is reaching for? Remember, mums the word. ;)