Ricardo Sanchez Speaks Out

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Oct 13, 2007.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7042805.stm
    Strong stuff.

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

He's a fake soldier and a disgrace, though. Right, Republicans?

It's a shame that these voices will never be heard on the supposed "liberal media". Instead we'll have Bush parade a yes-man in front of Congress and have that dominate the airwaves for an entire month.

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

He might well have been informed of the obvious by reading through the past three years of threads in the MR PRSI.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Isn't Sanchez the guy who retired after the Abu Ghraib incident?

Anyway, whats his plan for getting the troops out of there? I have no doubt that the situation in Iraq is a "nightmare" like Sanchez said. Most wars tend to be that way. Except for maybe The Falklands War. :)

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We simply leave. No matter when we leave Iraq will descend into chaos. If we wait ten years the outcome will still be the same.

6. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Iraq has descended into chaos WITH us there. The country is ****ed up no matter if we stay or leave.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And now with Turkey beating it's chest and pssibly threatening to go after the Kurds...

8. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Tell that to the guys who went down with the General Belgrano or the HMS Sheffield, not exactly a walk in the park when someone blows the hell out of your ship.
    All wars are hellish, but even the Falklands had a particular and achievable endgame, Iraq doesn't as far as I can tell. If we leave now, we get a nasty civil war that could erupt into a full-blown regional conflict between Iran and the Arabian states, probably pulling Israel into the mess as well as Turkey.
    Or, we can stay allowing Saudi Arabia and Iran to fight a proxy war while we lose troops and spend billions keeping the civil war to a mere series of horrific mass-killings.
    There must be a third way, I just don't know what it is.

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Declare Bush king. After all, once he has ultimate power he no longer has to keep us distracted and afraid.

Question is, when he dies would Jeb get the throne or Barbara?

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Whoever gives old Wormtongue more power.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The failure Iraq is can be attributed to bunch of draft dodgers in my view, like Cheney,Bush,Lott,Delay,Ashcroft,Rove,Limbaugh,O'reilly. There is a theme in the republican party and thats the ones who never wore a uniform are the loudest mouths for others to get killed for nothing. 4,000 dead soldiers,500 billion for nothing. Not any of these guys would serve not a one. That should tell the American people something, but with enough $$$ and commercials they spun this.

They didnt have clue to what they were doing.None had 1 day experience in real war. Republicans should be ashamed of these cowards.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

There is a difference between a tactical nightmare, and a strategic nightmare.

But you also misquoted Sanchez in creating your strawman. You choose to stop at "he said the war is a nightmare"; when in fact he said it is "a nightmare with no end in sight".

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I think his point is that there is no way out. Which is why we're all so pissed at those who've screwed it up. All wars are messy, this one is a disaster that seems like it'll just keep being a disaster.

Because then he couldn't have made his "point".

14. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

It isn't the generals' job to get us out of ill-advised wars. That's the job of the politicians who got everybody into them.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Didn't you know, you can only criticize something if you have a way to stop it.