Rich Kids of Instagram

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eric/, Aug 16, 2012.

1. eric/ Guest

eric/

Maybe you guys have seen this site? Basically, it's pictures of rich kids showing off whatever wealth they have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *sigh*

FML. :(

At least I get to go to college for free I suppose. Though, free is a relative term.

2. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

$900 for a handle of grey goose and $48 for 6 red bulls...

Doesn't look real in the slighest.

And what the hell is a $5000+ service charge?

3. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

If I had to guess, I'd answer with one word.

Dubai.

4. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is why we must cut the tax rates for the highest income earners. Job creators baby!

6. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Those prices are not necessarily in USD.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You haven't been to any of the clubs in Vegas that offer a bottle service etc. This is actually low for some of the clubs. Rediculas, to me yes.

But it is not uncommon to see a bottle of SKYY vodka go for $1000.00 or JD for $600.00! Ugh!

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Every dollar these kids spent (of their parents money), keep grey goose, red bull and the caterers in business. If I had a business I would love for those rich kids to spend their money like that at my business. Or we can send it to DC and let the government decide who spend the money someone else earned.

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yet the simple fact is you get what 10 cents on the dollar you give them spent to help out other company but you would get like 90 cents on the dollar for the lower middle class and maybe 99 cent on the dollar for the poor.

Where do you think the best place to inject cash into the economy is to really boost things (bottom)

10. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

OK Robin hood, I see your point of view and disagree with it. Even if I did think it worked, it's still not right.

11. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Share Your Wealth With the Less Fortunate.

That's what these philanthropic instagram kids are doing and you dare criticise 'em?! Not cool!

12. barkomatic macrumors 68040

That's what these kids are doing, spending money someone else earned. These photos certainly don't make people sympathetic to conservatives whining about Obamacare and high taxes while at same time enjoying a champagne water slide off Daddies mega yacht.

I think wealthy people and their kids deserve to enjoy the money they legally and ethically earn, as obnoxious as that may be, but the poor and middle class also deserve humane medical care and a stable social security system. The wealthy youth depicted will still be able to spend as much money in a day as most people make in a year --while a single unemployed mother can take herself and her child to a doctor.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

People are free to spend their money any way they wish. If they want to blow it on stupid stuff like that, then who am I to say they can't.

14. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

They are spending someone's money, but it wasn't stolen taken from someone who earned it and given to some random person that the government deemed worthy.

I am not wealthy, but I will fight for the right of someone who has earned their money to do what they want with it. Whether it's save it, spend it or give to their kids to spend it.

Maybe they'll give it to charity or some of you liberals think the best charity is the US treasury, which if you want I can post the address again where you can send your check.

----------

Exactly, I wish I was their waiter. I would like a 15 to 20% tip on their meal.

15. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

When did parents stop teaching their kids modesty?
    Sure, I have nice things as well but I don't go around acting like an ass hole about it.
    Can't really blame the kids, its the parents who raised brats.

16. elistan macrumors 6502a

Manufactured in France by Bacardi (privately owned, headquarted in Bermuda.)

Austria.

Good point. We certainly can't let the Bush-era tax-cuts expire on the 1.5%, because it would destroy the high-end club catering industry.

17. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Not sure what's your point? Your iPhone was made in China, and your Chevy probably has more parts made in China than in the USA.

Bacardi, Red Bull and Grey Goose still are distributed by American businesses, keeping truck drivers, bars and liquor stores in business in the USA.:rolleyes:

18. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I agree, but what bothers me most is that these kids aren't even spending THEIR money (in the strictest sense), it's their parents' money.

If you work hard and make good decisions and earn millions of dollars, then by all means, spend it on whatever makes you happy. You deserved it. And if you were shrewd enough to earn it then you probably will be smart enough not to completely blow it away on frivolities or stupidity.

But if you're throwing away your daddy's money then you neither deserve it nor appreciate the hard work that it took to earn it. It's these same kids that would spend it all and then whine "It's all gone! Give me more! Waah waah waah!"

19. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Good point, Hip-hop artist and MTV celebrities party on, and when these high-end clubs rake-in this cash, they then spend it and too. :rolleyes:

----------

So what? Have you ever been given a birthday gift before? Some people I known were given large birthday gifts at times, even a car (I was never given a car). I say so what, it's their parents money and they are enabling their kids to be snooki. It's not our business.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So what? The kids aren't stealing it, their parents are giving it to them. The parents are choosing to allow their kids to spend money foolishly. It is not my place to say they can't.

21. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Do you think that all taxes are "stolen" money no matter what the funds are used for?

I view providing health care and social security as matters of national security. There aren't nearly enough charities to provide healthcare to those who require it to stay alive--you know this. So, what you are saying is that those who cannot pay deserve to die.

22. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Anything taken by the federal government that's not within the 18 enumerated powers, yes. The states can tax for whatever they want.

Lets take this a step further and look a A-list celebs and musicians. in 2010 Lady Gaga made over $100 million dollars. I wonder what the lighting crew made. (yeah I know she's a big philanthropist, and I applaud her for that), how about George Clooney, he's a huge lib, how much does he make a film vs. the guy who brings him his coffee? Lib can start with reducing their own pay. or send all their money to the US treasury for donation to the greater good.:rolleyes:

23. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Sure they can do what they want with it. That doesn't mean that their choices can't be criticized.