Richard Hatch (Apollo of Battlestar Galactica) Passed Away

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by gkarris, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

I loved Battlestar Galactica. I was pretty young so never paid attention to other works, but boy I loved that show.

2. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Good actor who did a great job in the original series, as well as the reboot. He was passionate about the series and was a real SF fan. Going to miss him. He was slated to be in the Star Trek fan film Axanar. Don't know what they'll do now.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Enjoyed his work in the original Battlestar Galactica.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Just read this. Very sad, we saw him a few times at the SDCC and some of the smaller ones to. He was always pretty nice and would talk to you, just because.

Really dug him in BSG. RIP Mr. Hatch.

5. loby macrumors 6502a

loby

So interesting that the first Battlestar Galatica only aired for just one year. I was shocked that it was cancelled and did not know why. It was my favorite show as a kid next to Black Sheep Squadron (Ba Ba Black Sheep). Later found out that the show was cancelled because Starbuck and Apollo wanted way too much money for the next seasons due to their quick rise in fame. Then during Galatica 1980 Loren Green passed away ending the original flavor. :(

RIP Apollo, thanks for the good childhood memories.

6. DeepIn2U macrumors 601

DeepIn2U

Rest In Peace Richard Hatch ... may you find your universe great with love one and friends amongst the 12 colonies above and amongst the heavens. So Say We All!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 12, 2017 ---
    I also recall watching the original - my pops was a HUGE HUGE fan! I personaly loved it as well and dislike 'boxie' as an immitation robot ... and immensely loved the new BSG 4-season series as well! Like "V" remake it too included an pinnacle original cast member and did so importantly and tastefully! You just cannot get TV episodes THIS good any longer.

Why do I recall that 'Ba Ba Black Sheep'?
    EDIT: A-HA!

7. loby macrumors 6502a

loby

I think it was first called "Ba Ba Black Sheep" and then changed the name. Found out that the series got cancelled because someone at the network did not like Robert Conrad and therefore cut the show. At the time it was very popular. Robert Conrad even approached the network and said he would produce the show with his own money and petitioned the upper Wigs to continue the series, but politics and who liked who prevailed. Too bad, fun show, especially the air battles.