Richmond, VA (Short Pump)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by midloman, Sep 14, 2013.

1. midloman macrumors regular

midloman

Is anyone planning to line up at the Short Pump Apple store? I've never lined up there before; done Best Buy and the AT&T store but not the Apple store. I think I'm going to do the trade-in thing with my 4S, assuming that will be active on launch day.

Has anyone done the line in Richmond before? What time can you start lining up? I've heard rumors that they won't let you into the "open-air" shopping center until a certain time.

LT

2. PhysicsMan macrumors newbie

This is my closest apple store now. I was wondering how busy its been historically. I can get there around 2ish and I guess I wondered if it was even worth a shot.

3. theinstructor macrumors regular

theinstructor

We need to find this out I will be in the area this week.

4. sketchy macrumors regular

Back in January, they allowed people in at 6AM for line forming for the iPad. - http://www.timesdispatch.com/business/article_c7cdc536-e4b4-58d1-a267-70d4ddcbf9a3.html

Guess this means I will get to sleep in a little (usually up at 4 for my DC commute). I plan on getting there at 6:00 :D

----------

I just called mall security - the guy got all happy when I asked - "mall management has decided to allow people to line up at 6:00 AM, and not before."

2 hours is not bad :)

5. TaylorBoi macrumors member

Good to see a Short Pump thread again. I head out every year for the iPhone releases and nothing has changed. They allow people to lineup at 6:00 AM. If people try to line up any time before that Mall security makes them leave. I usually get to the mall around 5:30/5:45 to give myself a little bit of time. The line be ridiculous so make sure you guys get there on time. They had plenty of inventory last year but eventually sold out due to so many people. I'd advise getting there early so you don't have to stand in line so long!

6. SammyPedram macrumors newbie

Question for iPhone 6 launch

If I do not planning on purchasing a phone on Friday but just want to look at the devices, do I still have to stand in line? Can browsing customers just go into the store at 8am?

I am planning on an eventual upgrade but really want to hold both phones to see which size to go with. Thanks.

7. TaylorBoi macrumors member

I'm really not sure on this one. Maybe someone can answer but hitting your local carrier store probably would be less of a hassle than going to the Apple Store. It's going to be a zoo out there tomorrow man.

8. SammyPedram macrumors newbie

Thanks man.