Right AirPod seems like it's failing…

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by barnaby117, Apr 2, 2017.

1. barnaby117 macrumors member

barnaby117

Thought it was an earwax issue, but I've tried everything to clean it and no luck. Right AirPod is about 30-40% as loud as the left one and super hollow/tinny.

I'll probably contact Apple, but do they even have stock to replace the one AirPod?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I'm not sure if they carry replacements in store. But theyWill ship you a new one out and have you ship the faulty one in. You can call your local Apple store and ask them by prompting the word "Manager" and inquire if they carry a replacement in store.

3. Diiiiips macrumors regular

I had this problem a couple of months ago. It was my right one too. Took it in and they didn't have any replacements in stock but only had to wait until the next day. It's happened again though and I've not got round to going to the Store.

Is your right Airpod a little looser fitting than the left? It is in my case and I keep fiddling with it to push it in a bit so I don't know if that's caused an issue otherwise I'm super unlucky to have it happen twice on the same side.

4. barnaby117 thread starter macrumors member

barnaby117

Thanks for your advice! Did a support chat with Apple this morning and they’re mailing me out a replacement.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017 ---
    My right AirPod was definitely more gunked up with earwax than the left, which is odd. You’d think they’d wear pretty evenly.

5. Diiiiips macrumors regular

I wonder if the earwax is getting inside those tiny holes? So do yourself touching the right one more than the left?

6. barnaby117 thread starter macrumors member

barnaby117

Yes, I definitely favor the right side since I’m right-handed. Just want to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Apple was kind enough to overnight the replacement, so that’s awesome.

7. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

Mine too!! Now my right one disconnects after about 5 minutes of use.

8. Diiiiips macrumors regular

You didn't have to go to a store?