Right apple headphone. The Sound went REALLY LOW randomly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Feb 27, 2012.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

On my right apple headphone. The Sound went REALLY LOW randomly. I don't know why. I bought them like 1.5 weeks ago, and all of the sudden the sound went really low compared to the left headphone? Should I try for an exchange?

They are not damaged at all..... physically.

2. ah123 macrumors regular

I'd just get better headphones - the ones Apple ships are crap.

But if you are adamant on using the ones they supply, then I guess as long as you can prove you didn't yank them and cause any damage, then why not try and ask. At worst, you'll get told no.

3. SurferMan macrumors 65816

If you bought them, they'll replace them. But if anything I'd see if you could get your money back, and still spend some extra money and get a decent set of headphones depending on what you want to spend. The apple buds and in-ears both suck, sound wise, and especially quality wise.

4. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Have you tried it with another device? It's possible that there's some fluff or something in the headphone jack preventing your headphones from seating properly.

Most likely it's a problem with the headphones, and they'll probably replace it.

5. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

Push the plug into the jack a good bit harder.

Happens all the time.

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

try a pair of beats by dre tours or Munitio billits...I've had both... the beats by dre sound good but won't last more than a year, but damn they look cool...the munitio billits (they resemble bulluet shells) are actually pretty awesome but expensive

7. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Beats are waaaay overpriced, they would be fine if priced about 1/4 what they go for lol. Paying for the name.

20 bucks will get you some Mee M6's that are excellent for the money http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics...0K2U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330398027&sr=8-2

or you could step up to Klipsch S4s which I have http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330398261&sr=1-1 , love these

And plenty of other good choices in between those prices, just search iphone ear buds on amazon.... that's unless you want to stay with the junk apple ones :D

8. windowstomac macrumors regular

Wow, I've not bought them due to the high price, you'd think they'd be well made for the money!

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I've averaged about 4 to 5 headphones per iDevice I've owned since my first iPod in 2004. It's ALWAYS the right bud, I don't know if it's how they channel bass through it or what, but after almost 20 pairs I can assure you that it's not just you.

10. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I never had it happen, but gf's iPod did the same exact thing, right bud went out, but on those it's the jack part of the device known to be faulty. I fixed it for her, since Apple wanted to charge almost what a new one cost to fix :rolleyes: , had to replace the jack assembly, easy, and a fraction of what Apple wanted to charge.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

As long as the device is under warranty, the headphones are as well. just FYI in case you didn't know...I've been largely lucky, the only replacements I've paid for are the ones my cat ate....

12. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Was just out of warranty, I've noticed from my experience with Apple like their MacBook Pros... things like to 'go' right out of warranty lol.

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You mean when they warranty period ends? They do tend to do that...