iPad Right, I can understand the appeal of jb'in a iPhone but sell me the idea on a iPad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SilentLoner, Mar 12, 2012.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

What jb stuff can you do on the iPad. Totally new to the jb community on the iPad side. I have dabbled a little on the iPhone side however :)

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Just giving one example as it's most important to me:

Curled up on the couch with MLB.tv premium with Location Spoofer.

3. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Ooo that's interesting. What does that do?

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

MLB.tv allows you to watch all but local baseball games live, but with Location Spoofer, I tell the app that I'm off the coast of Zimbabwe and it allows me to watch Met games even though I live 15 miles from the stadium.

And I know, this season's going to suck. :(

5. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

So does that mean that I could use that to fool my iPad into thinking I'm in the uk for the iplayer? Is that a free app?

6. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Hahahaha I was going to say NBA.tv premium with Location Spoofer!! :D

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Personally one of my reasons for jailbreak is infinifolders. Removes the cap on the number of apps you can have in a folder.

I also use lockinfo which adds calender, weather and RSS feed to the home screen. I find I don't use SBSettings as often on my iPad but it is nice to have as well.

You can also get retina pad which makes iPhone apps that are being upscaled on the iPad look much nicer

8. soco macrumors 68030

soco

That's exactly what it means! Isn't it great? :)

It's not free, but it's damn cheap and the developer deserves the cash. I think it's $1.99. Best jailbreak app you'll buy.

9. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Is it just as easy to jb on a iPad?

----------

How do you pay the dev?

10. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Yep it's the exact same process as an iPhone.

Stuff in Cydia is purchased with PayPal

You can also link anything you buy in Cydia to a gmail account so that if you ever get a new device and jailbreak you can redownload on your new device

11. Tribefan macrumors member

This MLB TV with location spoofer could be the answer to my current dilemma. I have a question though. Is that all one app, as in "MLB TV w/location spoofer", or is it that you download and pay for MLB TV and then download the location spoofer app that somehow tricks the MLB TV app?

12. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Brute force cracking NSA security codes, bug monitoring, cracking WiFi WPA and WEP within minutes/second, and remote access to WMDs. Enough said...

13. batotman macrumors 6502

Does that work on a wifi only iPad?

14. dgstan macrumors 6502a

No Spot.

If you think Spotlight Search is nearly useless on the iPhone, then you'll surely agree that it's completely useless on the iPad. Of course I realize there are a couple of people that use it, but I still cannot understand why Apple doesn't allow you to disable it completely.

15. batotman macrumors 6502

I use it to find an app quickly on a fairly regular basis.

16. breezyf808 macrumors regular

When OP is figuring out why iPad should be jailbroken I'm anxiously waiting for a jailbreak.

It just brings a whole new dimension to the iPad.
    I jailbroken my IPhone 4s and found it(jb) AWESOME!!
    I persuaded my girlfriend, my coworkers and friends for me to jailbreak their phones and they also are liking it

17. sik08amg macrumors regular

sik08amg

I would say just to have your device the way you want it. I would hate if my devices were the same as everyone else. There is pretty much no limit to what you can do.

18. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

While I rarely use spotlight on my iPad or iPhone, I do use it if I pick up my wife's to do something (either to help her or look something up because mine is in the other room or battery is dead) because I can't find anything on hers!

That said, does it replace Spotlight with something else? What's the harm of having it tucked away on the left most launcher page? In other words, what's the gain with this tweek?

19. zooby macrumors 6502a

I agree ... It's not like I ALWAYS end up on the spotlight screen... It can be easily avoided.

20. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I end up on it often enough to bug me. What bugs me more is that we can't turn it off without jailbreaking. Apple should allow it to be turned off, put somewhere else, or allow different ways of activating it.

To have something I never use reside as such a huge part of the UI is ridiculous. Again, I understand there are people who use it and have valid reasons for doing so. I'm not asking for it to be deleted - I just want a different way to control it.