Right-Winger Harvey: Gays “Hate Jesus Christ”

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Sep 16, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- just full of the crazy. It must be political campaign season.

First of all- where is it written that we like radical Islam? Where the hell did she get that?

Second- we now hate Jesus and freedom? How in the hell is that in any way logical? I'm getting pretty tired of this garbage.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/09/16/Right-Winger_Harvey_Gays_Hate_Jesus_Christ/

2. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Third - who is she? I googled "Linda Harvey wiki" and she doesn't have a page. Does she speak for fiscal conservatives? If so, I guess I need to start following her beliefs. She must be pretty big in the right-wing world!

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Or, you could address the issue. I know- that's tough for you. I googled "Linda Harvey radio host" and got quite a bit. But you'd rather ignore the fact that these kinds of people are taking over the Republican Party wouldn't you? Look at the Presidential candidates, look at the party platform. It's all there.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Interesting considering the one friend that I have who I know is gay also happens to be a christian.

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Well like she explained, an enemy of my enemy is my friend. So, obviously, gays are enemies of Christians, and there are no gays in Iran (per Ahmadinejad), therefore Islam is a friend of Christianity ... wait how did she rationalize that?

[edit] The worst thing about this is that there's still people in American that believe Obama is Muslim, so obviously this kind of babble infiltrates society and there will be people repeating it.

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

so knowing how to google something isn't one of your strengths? amazing how much turned up....yet nothing showed up for you?

google search

so you assume that right wing religious commentators are apt to be fiscal conservatives that you should be following? In your case, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised :p

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Have to admit, my initial reaction to this was...

"Harvey? Does he mean Paul Harvey?"

I've never heard of Linda Harvey. Obviously, she is mistaken in painting gays with such a broad brush. Do some gays hate Jesus, sure they do. Do some gays love Jesus, I'm sure some do. Do some gays not care either way about Jesus, sure. I wouldn't expect any different of a response from most people when the topic of Jesus is brought up.

8. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

so knowing how to read a post isn't one of your strengths? amazing how she still doesn't have a wikipedia page, even since my comment

SHE MUST BE - and I put this in all caps so you can retain it - ***** HUGE.

so you assume that a rhetorical question not connecting religious commentators and an apt-ness for fiscal conservatism replaces the point of my sarcasm? In your case, perhaps we shouldn't expect more :p

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Isn't Paul Harvey dead? ;) That would be an amazing feat for him to come back! :D

Unfortunately, she is from my home state and the town where my brother lives.

Wow- just found this. It gets worse:

http://instinctmagazine.com/blog/d-...ey-say-gays-are-unemployable?directory=100011

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes, he is dead. I was a bit confused at first.

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

A lot of these so so Christians are pretty bad Christians and sure would not make Jesus happy. so do they really hate Jesus? I think so.

12. Macky-Mac, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011

Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

nah, I realized you were trying to be snarky right from the start since you usually avoid discussing the topic of a thread

so you were just trying to pretend you aren't smart enough to do a google search......well you certainly were convincing and believable :p

well given your oft spoken objection to rhetorical questions, who would have known you would like to use them so much?

edit;
    and were you really trying to be sarcastic? :eek:

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

He was crafty enough to eliminate "Lake" from his search, but he did include "wiki" to guarantee that he would not get a hit.

I wish.

The man was entertaining at least, and not near as bat-guano crazy.

14. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

What's that like? Seriously, because I don't know.

What's it like to be a Leekohler lapdog?

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

This post is devoid of any grist. Tepid as tap-water.

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I think everyone is aware of that :p

17. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

For some weird reason I hear that being said in Comic Book Guy's voice. I don't know why.
    [​IMG]

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

There's a pill for that.

Yoh, Shrink!!!!

:D

19. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

Im not seeing how that goes over very well. I don't see how you can be a homosexual and follow the what the bible says. There is stuff in the bible stating against homosexuality. Does he or she just skip over that or what? Im not saying this in a debating way, I am just curious how he or she views those sections in the bible.

20. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I haven't particularly talked to him much about that particular aspect. As far as those verses go, I'm waiting until I've finished learning Greek and Hebrew before I make a complete judgement on what they actually say, but I've heard that it's not as clear cut against monogamous homosexuality as some English translations make it seem. Specifically that the Bible is more condemning male prostitutes, rather than all homosexuals.

21. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

there are things in the bible that pretty much condemn about everyone one way or the other. Hell eat a crab your an abomination.

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I guess.

Three days of hot travel to get a crab to Jerusalem, and abomination would be the least of your worries.

23. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

Hmm. I've never heard that before. But I would really like to know his point of view on that.

24. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Probably much in the same way as the Presbyterian church does:
    It seems your sexual orientation is not as important your worship.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/presbyterian-church-gay-clergy_n_860289.html

25. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Not so much as the growth of the Church through reproduction of the believers.