RIM and ATT failure to get the Blackberry 9800 (Slider) out- Epic Fail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by That70sGAdawg, Jul 2, 2010.

1. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    I'm a fan of Blackberry, have a 9700 for work, and have a choice for a personal phone. I would loved to try this slider out since I'm a "real keyboard" kind of guy. The Bold 9000 still has the best stereo speakers on a cell phone ever! However, by not getting this out within 15-30 days of the release and 1.7 million unit purchases of the iPhone 4- RIM has lost their opportunity to get ANY customers not competely sold on the new iPhone 4 to likely ever come back. 15 -30 days is the return period from Apple and AT&T respectively. I would have been one of those to "check out" the 9800 before final commitment to the iPhone 4.
    It looks like Blackberry has "given up" on anything but the enterprise market... Good luck watching your market share (and stock value ) shrink daily. Sorry to see.
    Give us the antenna, proximity sensor and yellow pictures hue patches Apple, and we'll be happy!

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

As a hard core smartphone enthusiast, I've tried a good majority of the brands on the market. Because we use them at work, I've had several BlackBerrys. I also travel a lot, therefore much of the email I get is processed on it. I too really like the tactile feedback, accuracy and speed of a BlackBerry keyboard. The main problem with RIM, is they "leak information" about upcoming models way too early. Then they exacerbate the situation even more when they run horribly late with the release of the new model. The latest I have on the upcoming Bold 9800, is an August release date. This is a full five months after the first pictures & info was "leaked". They're extremely lucky that Apple gave them the gift of time regarding the enterprise market. RIM may think they have a lock on the Corp sector. I say to them, think again.

3. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I've used A blackberry for the last three years. Just switched to an iPhone 4 and so far think it's a far superior device for my needs. It doesn't do email quite as efficiently as my old blackberry but it gets the job done.

4. shadrap macrumors 6502

I own a business that is data intensive and would never go back to a blackberry from an iPhone 4. But to each their own.