Ring Doorbell Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by guyguy17, Apr 9, 2019.

1. guyguy17, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019

guyguy17 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 8 running 12.3 and a Ring Doorbell. I am not getting any notifications on my phone and other iOS devices including two Mac desktops. Everything was working fine. After I charged the battery and I discovered I was not getting any notifications on my iPhone 8. Obviously I went through the basic troubleshooting steps to figure it out. I was never able to find a solution. I did look at the system health and it appears normal. The battery has a good charge and RSSI is good as well.

The Doorbell firmware is up to date and Ring App is 5.11.2. All of the notifications are ON.

Does anyone else use a Ring Doorbell 2 and experience any notification issues?

2. techmuscle macrumors newbie

techmuscle

Try rebooting your router or access point. I had an issue where I was receiving multiple (3) motion notifications from my Ring Doorbell 2 and I was having issues accessing other Ring cameras. I rebooted my router on a whim and everything is working fine since then.

Hope this helps.

3. guyguy17 thread starter macrumors newbie

After I installed the new doorbell and battery, as I was starting from scratch, I did reboot the router and access point and for a brief hour or two, I was getting notifications. However, it was only brief and didn't last long. Since then I have rebooted the router several times and didn't permanently fix it.

4. Lee_Bo macrumors regular

Lee_Bo

And you have notifications enabled on the doorbell?

[​IMG]