Ringke Slim, Diztronic TPU, ROCK aluminum cases (impressions)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Uuroboros, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Uuroboros, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015

Uuroboros macrumors newbie

Ive bought 3 cases since owning the Iphone 6 plus, and always bought the Ringke slim cases for all my phone due to the slimness, and the raised lip for minor drops on the face of the phone. But with the iphone 6 i wanted something a bit more protective, so i bought the DIZTRONIC initially.

the Diztronic Case (link below) is pretty nice, it has a matte finish and prevents slipping pretty well, its fairly thin, for a TPU case with a lip. I used it for a month or so. And i would say maybe its one of the best TPU cases out there, its very minimalist but i love that, i hate super colorful or odd textures on my phones. Biggest issue i had was i hated the feeling of dragging apps to the edge of the screen, it drove me nuts, and the buttons reduced the tactile feedback by about 40% . i like TPU material, but it just wasn't HARD enough and the edges moved a lot, while only aesthetic, it felt cheap. I started to considering a MAGPUL case after. but in the end what i wanted most was something slimmer.
    http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Matte-Black-Flexible-iPhone/dp/B00NETYY60

i even had a ROCK brand KANI series case (link below) with an aluminum bumper over the tpu case inlay. And this was by far the worst case i used. The buttons were held in place with tape, and were not properly applied by the manufacturer and the buttons hardly even moved. I was so disheartened by the poor feel of the case it got tossed in a box after 10 min of trying to unpeel the tape and apply it correctly inside the bumper frame. It was quite nice otherwise, the metal frame helped the phone feel like it was caseless. But it offered ZERO screen protection. Which killed it even more.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCK-KANI-S...ch-Metal-TPU-Case-Clear-Silver-/251849296277?

THE WINNER:
    The Ringke Slim case is honestly my favorite case once again, its just perfect for my needs. I love that there are cutouts for the buttons rather than being covered up. One issue i have with most cases is the loss of tactile feedback. It ruins the experience using the phone and cheapens how it feels. So this was a one big reason im a fan of it. the raised edge is a bit sharp, but it its more comfortable when your finger runs to the edge of the screen. The matte finish it wonderful (black color) the phone is super grippy. I cant recommend it enough, it has more protective features than any other slim case available, and keeps the rounded design.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/40080648700...49&var=670358821897&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sorry for the poor review, im sure i missed some details but if you have any questions ill be happy to help.

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

I sent back the Ringke Slim and kept the Diztronic.

Ringke slim in the matte black got fingerprints on the back, so that bothered me. I didn't like the case curvature around toward the front, that left more of an edge to contact the fingertips. That detracted from the comfort.

3. Uuroboros thread starter macrumors newbie

I started to find out you can only find the perfect case through trial and error. Your needs are very unique even with simple comfort in using it . The diztronic was my 2nd place. But just a tad too bulky, the issues with it were really minimal

4. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

Loving the Ringke Slim as well. Recently got an edge to edge glass screen protector that works well with it and I don't see myself changing this setup anytime soon.

5. puma1552 macrumors 601

OP, did you consider the PowerSupport Air Jacket?

6. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Ringke Slim, Diztronic TPU, ROCK aluminum cases (impressions)

I love the diztronic cases. Definitely one of the best tpu cases on the market especially for the price. And I agree it was sometimes hard to drag icons across the screen because of the edge of the case.