Ringtones and Replacements

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleBoyFreak, Apr 11, 2012.

1. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

This Friday I am going in to get a replacement iPhone 4S, but first I have a question. Now with iCloud will I get my ringtones back when I restore from the cloud even if I start back up as a new iPhone? Thanks for your help!

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

They show up under ring tones in itunes right? If so you should be fine. Also you can make them for free if something goes wrong

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Your ringtones are in your computer, and if you have it on your computer and in your itunes, you don't need to worry.

4. AppleBoyFreak thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have them on the computer, only in the cloud. I rarely sync with a computer

5. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Before you go to the store back it up to iCloud AND back it up to your computer. That should cover you.

6. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

Yeah ringtones and alerts are one part that is lacking in iCloud. I hope they change that soon. My significant other can buy a ringtone but for me to have it I have to manually copy it from their computer to mine. I'm hoping since they recently added movies and tv shows to iCloud that ringtones are coming next.

7. AppleBoyFreak thread starter macrumors 6502

To my surprise I didn't back up to a computer, but when I restored from my iCloud all my ringtones were there and for my moms iPhone all her ringtones were there and we're still assigned to contacts like before her replacement. I love iCloud now! :D :apple: