Riots at FoxConn plant right now

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
And predictably on the story at NBC's site there's comments about how evil a company Apple is.

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Maybe they should see us riot over how crappy they anodize stuff, just sayin'

----------

Success breeds hate.
You live in a luxury far from the poverty and conditions _most_ of the world endures on a daily basis. At least act like you're slightly grateful that you can actually afford a premium toy like the iPhone 5...

Last edited by a moderator:

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
You live in a luxury far from the poverty and conditions _most_ of the world endures on a daily basis. At least act like you're slightly grateful that you can actually afford a premium toy like the iPhone 5...
They have jobs, much more than what some in America can ask for. I don't see you giving up your iPhone and swapping with them. And after all, if it wasn't for me wanting my "premium toy" and others like me, they wouldn't have jobs at all

Last edited by a moderator:

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
They have jobs, much more than what some in America can ask for. I don't see you giving up your iPhone and swapping with them. And after all, if it wasn't for me wanting my "premium toy" and others like me, they wouldn't have jobs at all
I never said I was a saint. In fact, I'm norwegian. That means that I could do no work at all, and my government would still give me more money than an average american income.

Still, there's no need to reduce poverty and _very poor_ work conditions to a laughing matter.

GoodBoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
I think foxconn's sweatshop workers are responsible for scuffgate. They defected iPhone 5 intentionally to make Apple furious. And now this riot haha things are getting more and more interesting!:D

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I never said I was a saint. In fact, I'm norwegian. That means that I could do no work at all, and my government would still give me more money than an average american income.

Still, there's no need to reduce poverty and _very poor_ work conditions to a laughing matter.
Yep, cuz I'm laughing

friars

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012

I'd rather work and earn an "average American income" than do no work at all and be spoon fed by my government and hard working citizens.

But hey, to each their own

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
I'd rather work and earn an "average American income" than do no work at all and be spoon fed by my government and hard working citizens.

But hey, to each their own
Norway still has one of the worlds lowest unemployment rates despite of this, so it's not like it's a trend to go for social security options rather than working. It's also not really socially accepted to receive money this way. And an average Norwegian income is still much higher then what one could possibly gain from not working.

It's also the worlds most expensive country to live in, so how a Norwegian income vs. an American income translates to actual buying power in each respective country is not something I can say. We also pay 50% in taxes.

kevinbomb123

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2011
i really dont care about the working conditions they work there on there own choice make the product or go home

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
This is what happens when you give people more freedom.

I knew taking down that electric fence was their first mistake