Rise of Conservatives: Steve Bannon to be POTUS 2020

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Sep 27, 2017.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Steve Bannon wins POTUS 2020
    Or: The Republican party is DOOOOOOOOOOMED, part dos.

Roy Moore, and ultra conservative, bible thumping, hard line candidate destroyed his Trump and Republican establishment endorsed rival Strange by a unprecedented 55% to 45%!
    In an era very close races, this is rock solid majority.

And a HUGE number of ardent Trump believed the Bannon message that Trump was deceived into supporting another political insider.

My take:
    Republican establishment has lost all credibility with Conservatives. As I have been saying for YEARS, the traditional Republican party has lost control and popular "conservatives" have usurped the leadership. I also have been saying Trump winning was the worst thing for the Republican party since founding and Ryan and especially McConnell is an unprecedentedly stupid to think Trump's win would be good for them (and I think by now they finally realize in huge trouble).

Unlike Bloombergs piece, Trump has not "lost his magic". It is stronger than ever when it comes to his agenda and his 1/3 of the US population base. Trump was really never a prop for established Republicans agenda, only his. I fully believe that that 1/3 would jump over cliff if Trump asks them to (but smart enough to see if established Republicans are "tricking" Trump to do something else).

Over contentious topics, Trump consistently polls over 50% of "Republican" voters. I consider that have 1/2 of "Republicans" no longer follow the Republican party, but popular conservatives.

So, Steve Bannon as POTUS?
    Certainly heading that way.

A bit of memory lane:
    https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ok-with-postponing-the-2020-election.2061038/
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/gop-senator-healthcare-deal-unlikely-this-year.2048143/
    https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ictory-so-sad-obamacare-is-permanent.2038609/

2. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

Imagine what would have happened if Trump attacked The Swamp on day 1 instead of embraced it. Dumped Ryan, dumped McConnel, no globalist nominees like Cohn, no position for Kushner, expanding Bannon's role, micro-managing and getting more loyalists hired, firing Comey day 1, etc. I can't imagine the media bias and extreme opposition would have been any worse than it was, but those moves might have actually oriented us towards better government.

3. 576316 macrumors 601

We all know Tim Cook is gonna be President in 2020. ;)

4. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

Why? Does anyone want that?

5. 576316 macrumors 601

He does.

6. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Vladimir will be the Ruler of Amerika in 2024.

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

My take: Any group of people who would vote for Bannon to be so much as a local dog-catcher will always be in the minority.

8. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Same minoirty also voted for Trump.

So, yes, in the US you do not need a majority.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I was thinking just that this morning when pondering why Bannon was in Alabama supporting a candidate. Then the light went on...he's running for President! And Palin is angling for a position in said administration which is why she showed up. Gorka too.

Dems (and everyone else) better be on their toes. Don't say it couldn't happen..because it could. Look at Trump.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

This IS Alabama we’re talking about.

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Hillary could beat that pair though :D

12. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Will snappy fascist uniforms be mandated during a Bannon presidency? I want to wear the charcoal grey ones, they look sharp.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That is an interesting question. At one point I thought that Hillary could not ever beat anyone ever. But at what point does the Trump administration get so bad that in hindsight she doesn't look like such a bad choice anymore? There has to be a point. Granted, it may be far out there for a lot of people, but I do think that there is such a point.

Not that I am suggesting she run again. Just that when you compare two things, sometimes the thing you throught looks worse, looks better with 20/20 hindsight. It's all relative. Dubya for all his faults looks better now to a lot of people.

14. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

I do.

15. 0007776 Suspended

Bannon and Trump both appeal to the same crazies so if they both ran in 2020 they would probably draw down enough support from each other that the Democrats would sweep the Electoral College. Or best case scenario for them they split the states Trump won in 2016 and throw it to the house where it would be very much a mess.

16. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

The Democratic Party will prove that they truly are in a sorry state if they cannot find another viable candidate other than Hillary.

Hillary running again is kinda like Romney or Gingrich trying to run for POTUS again. Your political golden days are over. Accept it already, move aside and let someone else have a chance.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    By the power vested in me by PRSI, I now pronounce you husband and significant other.

17. BigAppleNYC123, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017

BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Tim is married but I will join as a throuple.

edit: wrong

18. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I did not know that. Did Tim manage to get a prenup? He's worth a lot!

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't think Bannon would run as an independent, thus would not put electoral collage into jeopardy. I'm not even sure that he would run against Trump. This might even be a plan devised by Trump and Bannon. Trump steps aside, Bannon carries the torch = potentially 12 years of their "brand" in charge.

20. Zenithal macrumors G3

21. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

my bad

22. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Uhh…. Trump's ego is too big to "step aside" for someone else. To do so means that, for the first time in his life, DJT will openly admit that someone else is better than The Donald.

23. jerwin macrumors 68020

Designed by Roger Stone?

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No, I don't mean step aside as in someone is better, but in that he doesn't want the job anymore, getting too old for it, and only wanted one term to begin with. In other words, it was all a ruse from the start.

Or it could be a Trump back up plan if he thinks that he cannot win reelection due to Russia, the swamp, ineptitude, whatever. What is worse that Trump playing second fiddle to someone? Losing. He wouldn't want to run for a second term only to lose to someone else. I don't think his ego could handle it. Trump only likes winners.

25. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Ah gotcha. And at the end of the 4 years (unlikely he'll last that long), he'll put up a HUUUUGE Communist-sized propaganda banner on the White House front stating "Mission Accomplished!"