rMBP 13" built-in loudspeakers bass feel through palmrests

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Omnirai, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Omnirai, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013

Omnirai macrumors member

Hey everone,

I have a question regarding the rMBP (haswell) built-in loudspeakers..

Is there any possibility that my loudspeakers could be calibrated too loud or 'too much' bass or something?

When I play a song (or any youtube vid) on the 4th or 5th volumebar, I usually feel the body of the macbook pro 'vibrating' when my hand palms are resting on the mbp. To be clear, I dont hear any rattling sound (so that probably clears out that there is something too loose in my mbp).

Anyone has an idea about this? Probably best way is to check out a rMBP at a store to make sure this 'behaviour' is normal, but in Belgium we dont have an Apple store and other retailers mostly have last year model on their display shelfs..

ps "dont let your palms rest on the mbp" aint a solution, since im writing my dissertation and requires alot of text processing hours

Thanks ahead!

2. hachiman macrumors regular

That's normal. The speakers get better but the MBP gets thinner and has less mass so as a result, you feel the vibration. I notice this as I went from my iPad 3 to iPad Air. The speakers are louder and clearer but because the iPad Air has less mass, I could feel it vibrating.

Nothing you could do, that's just normal physics.

3. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Yep, normal. It's a aluminum device, so that'll happen. You easily feel the vibrations in the iPhone 5S' speaker, even at half volume