RMBP has restarted 4 times.. has this happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omizzle, Jun 17, 2012.

1. omizzle macrumors regular

I'll just be using my RMBP very lightly (internet, streaming music, etc) and it will randomly restart saying that there was an error and to press any key to restart the machine.

This has happened 3 or 4 times now since I got the machine on Thursday. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, after the reboot, it will sometimes try to boot into windows (bootcamp)

I have no idea what could be causing this... the only thing that I can think of is that maybe it is Chrom Canary? Other than that I am not running any non-stock software

2. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

I have read many threads with people stating crashes/kernel panics with the new rmbp. In every one of them chrome has been the common denominator.

3. importraverxx macrumors member

Nope. I got it on Thursday and have been playing D3 like 5-6 hours straight at times, nothing happened.

4. omizzle thread starter macrumors regular

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

Looks like you called it right!

6. Hoosier43 macrumors newbie

Yeah this has been happening to me as well, probably 4 or 5 instances so far. It's getting really annoying,I thought I lost a file I was working on, but Office auto-saved for me.

I was also running Chrome, mostly Canary, but may have had a link or two opened in the official Chrome.

Any ideas on fixes yet or are we just going to have to wait it out?

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

No issues here with kernel panics. I only use Chrome for websites that force Flash and haven't even installed it on my RMBP yet.