RMBP - Is this stuff normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Millionaire2K, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

I would say overall my Late 2013 15in 2.6 1tb 16gb 750m mac has been doing well.

However I notice a few things that bother me. I was wondering what everyone thought of the following few things:

1. I notice that when I open my mac the screen will have small dots in straight lines as if the screen is picking up the moisture left on the keys. If I clean the screen and close the lid they will come back. Note that I NEVER put anything on top the mac.

Is this normal? Is this a future problem? Will this do damage to the screen?

2. I also notice that while in the windows 7 bootcamp that when I open the lid the "right" click context menu will be open. Most times when I close the lid the computer will register a right click.

Is this normal? Is this a future problem? Will this do damage to anything?

3. Ive also noticed that while running windows 7 bootcamp that I would get random system lockups that last for NO MORE then 3 seconds. Example: Ill be moving across a world in a game and everything will just pause and then be fine 3 secs later. (Note game is old and worked GREAT on my OLD 2007windows laptop) Another example: I will have 2 IE windows open side to side. If I start copying text from 1 window to the other there is almost ALWALYs a delay in the computer recognizing my right click. So Ill copy text fine. Then ill go to other window and right click where I want to paste and the pc wont register the right click for like 3 secs. Or it wont recognize me clicking paste for like 3 secs. I can still move the cursor and nothing else freezes.

I do not get either problem on my OLD pc. Also I have no problems right clicking or anything while I type this.

Is this normal? Is there something I can do to fix this?

Note I have ALL the latest bootcamp drivers.

Thanks for any thoughts you could provide about the above items.

2. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

1. Do you have a keyboard protector?

I had problems with Bootcamp and Win 8 on my 15 rmbp as well. It would freeze up in Youtube after a few seconds while typing on the search box. One time, dozens of Windows were popping up like a key was stuck...

3. Millionaire2K thread starter macrumors 6502a

No protector. I tested all the keys and none are stuck.

Thanks for the reply. :)

4. Millionaire2K thread starter macrumors 6502a