rMBP screen randomly goes black and then goes into login page

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by braineac, May 20, 2013.

1. braineac macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I've had my rMBP for almost 10months now and initially I didn't have any problem (except IR cuz I have an LG display that apple won't replace because it's not "bad enough"). Last couple weeks, I've noticed that while I'm using the computer lightly browsing the web etc, the screen suddenly turns black then goes into the login screen. Does anyone else experience this and possibly know the cause?

I want to take it to the Apple store but it's not something I can reproduce at will and it happened ~2-3 times the past week. Any insight or help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I think the loginwindow process crashes, if this happens you indeed get logged out.

Don't do this, it's just an example, when you open Activity Monitor you'll see a loginwindow process, if you would quit the process it instantly logs you out and brings you to the login screen.

Seems to me your User Account or the OS has issues.

Edit: Look into your logs Folder and the main logs folder in /Library, see if there are any crash logs.

Edit Again: Actually you can do so but safe all of your unsaved stuff first, click on the loginwindow process and click quit, does it do exactly the same, if so I am pretty sure this is the problem, but first look for those logs, you can also open Console to see crash logs.