"RNC members agree with Trump: It's rigged"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 18, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are worried because
    1. There are still House and Senate votes to be made.
    2. There's talk about corruption and fraud for 2018 midterms.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Better the devil you know.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

They're still under the delusion that Trump can be controlled once in office.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

For shame on the RNC anyway. Trump's insistence on elections being rigged casts undue aspersion onto hardworking party workers of both parties all over the country. Here our local paper took the trouble to interview county officials to reassure the public that registry and vote counting is done properly under supervision of workers from both major parties and state election board regulations as well. You'd think Reince Priebus could get out there and rebuke this party hijacker Trump for his behavior.

Elections officials find no voter fraud in area

EXCERPT:

Delaware County Board of Elections County Democratic Deputy Commissioner, Paula Schermerhorn said that she has been with the agency for nine years and has not heard of any voter fraud during that time.

“Everything is bipartisan,” so for instance when someone is registered, representatives from both parties make sure everything is in order, she said.

“We do everything we can” to make sure there is nobody on the voting rolls that does not belong there, she said.

That includes checking obituaries every day, and checking the state databases to make sure the county roll is accurate.

Schoharie County Board of Elections Republican Deputy Commissioner Sara Davies-Griffin said she has been with the office for nine years. She has not heard of any election fraud during that time.

“We have a secure site,” with one person from each party having a key to the double-locked door. People shouldn’t be concerned about the integrity of the vote, she said. Everything we do is double checked by a member of the other party.

Since machines involved with the vote are not connected to the internet, there’s no danger of someone from the outside tampering with such things as vote count, or databases, she said.​

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Crazy talk from the crowd that saw many of its voter suppression efforts fail. This is one of the reason I left the Republicans; it's always Democrats doing things to them, not their incompetence.

As for Trump, he spent 5 years trying to delegitimize the first AA President and now he'll turn his sights on doing it to the first woman President. Sad.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I agree. At this point, the only thing that would prove the system is rigged is if Trump wins.

But both Trump and the RNC are playing a very dangerous game. Militia types and conspiracy theorists already believe there is some big, bad overarching plot against them, the true "patriots". Whether Trump intends to or not, he's fomenting even more hatred in those already mentally unstable anti-government people who passionately believe conspiracy theories and join militias. Trump may very well be creating the next Timothy McVeigh.

Over the past few days I've seen a number of articles in the media about why "rigged election" claim is ridiculous. I only hope they are widely read.

I’m a Republican election lawyer. Here's why the election can’t be rigged.

5 Reasons (And Then Some) Not To Worry About A 'Rigged' Election

Elections are 'not going to be rigged,' Ohio's secretary of state says

9. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

If Turnip wins then he will be the "Rigger in Chief"!

10. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

This! The GOP has absolutely no one to blame but themselves for losing this election. I believe anyone ANYONE could have beaten Hilliary at this point.

Except Trump.

Thank you for the win Republicans. Now fix your party so we can have two viable candidates.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm not sure they can put Humpty Dumpty back together again. There is such resentment and mistrust within their ranks.

12. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Excellent point. Maybe the 'good' of this election cycle will be the formation of three parties. Right, left, and moderate. Force coalitions. Force compromise.

I truly detest our two party system.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Is that what would happen though? I have this feeling that if the GOP did break up, what we'd end up with is moderate, right, and even further right.

14. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

That would be a lovely dream.