Robert Gibbs has a "meeting" in the west wing with news reporters.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, May 26, 2010.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

To scold them for asking too many questions about BP. :rolleyes: I guess gibbs isn't ready for the honeymoon to be over and for the mainstream media outlets to start throwing the hardballs that they did with the Bush administration. Next we'll be restricting which media outlets are allowed to ask questions and/or attend the press conferences.

Unfortunately none of those major news outlets reported this even though it was confirmed on the record. Fox was not invited to the meeting. :p

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Cool did you get this info from freerepublic?

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Obama ate a kitten for breakfast this morning.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Unfortunately none of those major news outlets reported this even though it was confirmed on the record.

*liberal media :mad:*

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Wait wait wait wait, there were hardballs thrown during the Bush Administration?! :confused:

Even if they were asked the media failed us (as they clearly continue to do) by simply just accepting whatever answer was given, with no follow ups or calling out on downright lies or twists. The media still does the same ******** today.

6. macfan881 macrumors 68020

When Fox Stops acting like kids maybe they will be invited but I think kids behave better than Faux.:p

7. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

Oh, good, I'm not the only who blinked and missed that...

8. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Well its more likely that they knew fox would tell them to get lost if they told them to ease up on the questions.

Its not real surprising that no one is focusing on the issue here, the Obama admin. is dictating what can be asked of it for mainstream media coverage.

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The only thing we have to go by is your post. No links. Only claims that you presumably read from an insane source that you're too embarrassed to put up. You'll have to excuse the forum for not jumping up and down on this topic solely on your word.

Which one is it? We should be aggrieved that the obama administration is dictating to the mainstream media, or aggrieved that the liberal media isn't asking hardball questions of the obama administration? Or do you trot out either/and depending on it suiting your ideology?

10. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh- imagine that. From Fox News. :rolleyes:

So much for this thread.

12. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

To borrow/edit from a separate thread:

13. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Actually, it was not his words, it was a claim by a CBS correspondent about unnamed white house officials.

That claim then is "analyzed" by Fox with all possible inferences that the Obama administration is trying to control the media.

I was not there, but the discussion could have easily also been an attempt by the white house to control the decorum of the press conferences heading into the presidential press conference. If the answer to a question is that there is no more information, 20 more questions on that issue is not going to change anything, and prevents others from asking questions that might actually have answers.

14. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Mccrain, are these not his words, or do they not count unless you were sitting in the audience yourself?

15. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Ok, clearly you're not paying attention. The Fox Report and this thread are about the CBS reporters claim that a white house official, behind closed doors in the West Wing, "scolded" the media for asking too many questions.

Gibbs' responses to reporters questions in the briefing room was not the issue. I never suggested that Gibbs didn't say those quotes, what I said was that Fox News interpreted a single statement by a CBS reporter to imply the Obama administration was trying to control the media. (edit) They used the other, unrelated quotes to try to imply that the allegations regarding the closed door meeting are true.

Geez.

16. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Mccrain, why did you even bother to jump into the dialogue between leekohler and me if your issue - which you now conveniently shift - has absolutely nothing to do with our dialogue? If you want to make the broad point of maybe-this-whole-big-thing-is-just-a-big-misunderstanding, fine. But don't come into my dialogue with someone else and say, "Clearly you're not paying attention," when in fact you are the one is not. It's childish.

17. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

This thread is about Fox News' allegation that Gibbs scolded the press (without Fox News) behind closed doors in the West Wing. Lee pointed out that the source was Fox News, and thus likely biased. You then said it was Gibbs' quote, but it WASN'T!

At no point has Gibbs been quoted regarding the point of this thread.

18. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

1. Read the title of this thread.

2. Read Post #14.

3. Think twice before telling someone he/she clearly isn't paying attention.

19. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

1. The title is that Gibbs had a meeting in the west wing with reporters.

2. You posted quotes from the press room which is in the basement of the white house.

3. I'm thinking, but don't understand your point.

20. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

You win, mcrain. Nothing happened. Gibbs didn't meet with the press. There was no scolding. I concede. I will return to clearly not paying attention in other threads, as you've got this one under control.

21. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I apologize for the "not paying attention" comment. I never claimed that Gibbs wasn't confrontational with the press in the press room. The story, this thread, and the claim is that there was a secret meeting in which Gibbs scolded the media. I thought you were saying that claim was based on a quote from Gibbs, and that clearly was not the case.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Don't misquote me. I never posted that.

How are we supposed to believe a report by Fox News when Fox wasn't even there? Mcrain has a very good point.

23. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Goose, meet Gander.

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It is a public forum.

If you wanted to have a private discussion with leekohler, I'd suggest using a PM.

Otherwise, people tend to chime in, uninvited.

Just sayin'.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What are you talking about?