Robert Mueller named special prosecutor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jerwin, May 17, 2017.

1. jerwin macrumors 65816

2. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Wow! I thought it was gonna be whats his name?

Edit: whoops. I was thinking of something totallllllly different..lol I need to go home

3. jerwin thread starter macrumors 65816

Justice Merrick Garland?

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

This should be interesting. Not in the information uncovered, rather the responses from the differing parties as the information is presented.
    Wonder how much will be presented vs. leaks?

5. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Finally. Hopefully once this ends the stock market wont take a beating worse than today.

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Apparently the deputy AG decided to do this after the NY Times leaked contents of that Comey memo. No way would the deputy AG do this and appoint someone like Mueller (who was the longest serving FBI director since Hoover and confirmed 98-0) if there wasn't something there.

7. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

All phone, text, email and pub conversations will need to be recorded for all US citizens and those with citizens of other nations so that all evidence can be collected for this investigation. It's the only way people.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the stock market is a idiot (G)

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should get to the bottom of this **** pretty quick. Seems like a pretty no nonsense guy.

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

That's short sighted, the market always bounces back once the source of turbulence is removed. :)

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump already released a response welcoming the investigator and hoping it's a thorough and quick investigation.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I may well have to hope I don't get banned for this, but: that post is so perfectly you.

Who knows, you might even take it as a compliment. Feel free, it's not meant to give offense.
    --- Post Merged, May 17, 2017 ---
    Done. Next?

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

trump is shaking in his expensive shoes.

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

You know it's possible he is innocent, or that he's confident his teflon coating is unbreakable.A pretty big ego on display there, when he's not whining about being picked on. ;)

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'm sure, an investigation that's been going on since Obama's admin spied on American citizens and has presented 0 evidence is pretty scary.

Either way, if they find something good for them. I just want to see something of substance.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Quick? I guess it depends on your definition of quick. I give it at least a year.

Welcoming? LOL. Um, no. This isn't a welcoming response. It's a "I hope you find nothing" response.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/17/t...counselor-gets-named-in-russia-investigation/

He can't possibly know everything his staff might have been up to. But Flynn's a good man, right?

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I am sure there are plenty of things trump is innocent of. like being a kind person. caring for the poor,caring for his employees lots of things.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

19. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Looks like Trump was only made aware of it shortly before the announcement was made. They're not happy.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nsel-appointment-just-before-it-became-public

20. SusanK macrumors 68000

He placed a rush order of Depends, too. :)

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Blindsided was the quote I read.

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/17/15655934/robert-mueller-special-counsel

22. Rigby macrumors 601

Judging from the unusually measured response this seems to have shut Trump's big mouth for the moment (I was half expecting a Twitter tirade about "the so-called special counsel" or similar). Hopefully he'll learn some respect for the rule of law now.

23. macUser2007 macrumors 65832

I guess now Trump will have to fire Rosenstein, because the Deputy Attorney General has lost credibility....

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Yeah I know about the bounce back lol. But I have to pay attention to whatever stupid **** Trump is going to do every day. And it's every or every other day now. I need a break to watch cartoons after work damnit.