Robert Mueller to testify in open House hearing on July 17

realtuner

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2019
Canada
Never. Ending. Obsession.
A friend of mine is a prosecutor. I call him "obsessed" in the way he goes after criminals and puts them away for crimes they've committed.

So I agree - this is obsessive.

Can't wait to see idiots like Gym Jordan, Devin Nunes and Matt Gaetz make complete fools of themselves with their allotted minutes.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
A friend of mine is a prosecutor. I call him "obsessed" in the way he goes after criminals and puts them away for crimes they've committed.

Can't wait to see idiots like Gym Jordan, Devin Nunes and Matt Gaetz make complete fools of themselves with their allotted minutes.
Lol so prosecute him for the crime of conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice for which there are ten pieces of evidence. Mueller had the ability to do so. He didn’t. Bad move.

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
Lol so prosecute him for the crime of conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice for which there are ten pieces of evidence. Mueller had the ability to do so. He didn’t. Bad move.

And he even stated he didnb't do so as per DOJ guidelines. His job was to gather said evidence and leave it up the Congress. I don't really get why that's so hard for some here to understand.

duffman9000

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
And he even stated he didnb't do so as per DOJ guidelines. His job was to gather said evidence and leave it up the Congress. I don't really get why that's so hard for some here to understand.
I’m not surprised. Some people don’t want to read the report. Some choose to be told about it via Trump TV as if that’s the same as reading it.

realtuner

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2019
Canada
Mark Meadows:

“Bob Mueller better be prepared, because I can tell you he will be cross examined ... and the American people will start to see the flaws in his report”

Who is this idiot speaking to?
[doublepost=1561522928][/doublepost]
You know damn well why he didn’t, so stop playing dumb.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
The DOJ is wrong on this. What’s the point in criminally investigating a president if you can’t prosecute him. Wait for congress who can’t tell their ass from the floor to impeach him?
[doublepost=1561541495][/doublepost]
Mark Meadows:

“Bob Mueller better be prepared, because I can tell you he will be cross examined ... and the American people will start to see the flaws in his report”

Who is this idiot speaking to?
[doublepost=1561522928][/doublepost]

You know damn well why he didn’t, so stop playing dumb.
Not playing dumb just criticizing his move and the DOJ policy.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
You know if Mueller simply reads the most damning portions of the report, it will be the most significant Congressional hearing discussing presidential corruption since the Watergate hearings. Trump and his minions who continue to lie about the report have succeeded in conning a significant portion of the public, but the more attention that is paid to what is actually in the report the better it is for the country and the worse it is for Trump.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles

You’re not going to get anything more from Bob Mueller. What is it that you and the Democratic side of the house not understand? It’s as if your friends in the house thinks that Trump is a Russian agent or something? Oh wait, they do. Comedy.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Don't have a problem with him testifying at all. Although I'm pretty sure he's already stated he isn't going to say anything that he didn't state in the report. I guess this is good for those who don't like reading.

realtuner

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2019
Canada
You’re not going to get anything more from Bob Mueller. What is it that you and the Democratic side of the house not understand? It’s as if your friends in the house thinks that Trump is a Russian agent or something? Oh wait, they do. Comedy.
You know if Mueller simply reads the most damning portions of the report, it will be the most significant Congressional hearing discussing presidential corruption since the Watergate hearings. Trump and his minions who continue to lie about the report have succeeded in conning a significant portion of the public, but the more attention that is paid to what is actually in the report the better it is for the country and the worse it is for Trump.
That sums it up. People seem to forget the impact a person actually saying something has over reading words on a page.

pl1984

Suspended
Oct 31, 2017
OK, he gathered the evidence and it has now been provided to Congress. Why do they need to speak with him? Just start impeachment already.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
Especially when some/many of those people didn't actually read the report.
There are lots of Cathy Garnaat’s out there:

Cathy Garnaat, a Republican who supported Amash and the president said she was upset about Amash’s position but wanted to hear his reasoning. She said that she will definitely support Trump in 2020 but that Tuesday night was the first time she had heard that the Mueller report didn’t completely exonerate the president.

“I was surprised to hear there was anything negative in the Mueller report at all about President Trump. I hadn’t heard that before," she said. "I’ve mainly listened to conservative news and I hadn’t heard anything negative about that report and President Trump has been exonerated."
Link