Rock your phone naked until the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bchagey, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Bchagey macrumors 6502

Chances are a lot of you have cases covering up the nice 4 4S design. Take those cases off and enjoy your phone before you put in your desk/forget about it!

2. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

But I'm not going to have an iPhone 5...

And if I were to buy one, I'd want to keep my about-to-be-sold-for-lots-of-money iPhone 4 safe.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Mine is semi-naked. I do have a front and back screen protector and use a sleeve on the 4S. So when I need to make or answer a call, I pull it out from the sleeve, and it's naked.

The only thing is I was so use to using a Mophie Battery Case and it's just taking me time to get use to the thinness.

4. M87 macrumors 65816

5. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Mine is Always naked :) can't cover up somethig that sexy

6. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

Soon to come: many drunk nights at college .. Too risky

7. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

8. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

I'll keep the bumper on. I've only dropped my 4S once this whole time but you never know.

9. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I'm keeping it in its Otterbox Defender case. A pristine phone brings a higher price.

10. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Mine's been naked for a few weeks and will remain so until I upgrade in January. But, man, that thing's alot more slippery now.

11. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Selling it on to help the purchase cost of the 5. Makes sense to not get a scratch on it!

12. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Goodness, what does that (Bold) mean ?

I enjoy life, family, friends, and doing things outdoors, but my phone is just a phone, not to be held in ones hands looking/smiling at it, admiring, petting it, showing it off, or other silly things OP. Its a phone. :confused:

If anyone gives an reply that I'm off base, the phone book is full of behavior professionals to help you figure out why you want to enjoy a telephone out of its protective case. :D

13. 3rd Rock, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  14. labman macrumors 604

labman

^
    This was brought to you by the run free and be naked Socity. Break Free Do it Today! :D

[​IMG]

15. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I'm doing exactly the opposite. A week ago my mic went on my pretty much mint 4S. I brought it to apple and they gave me a shiny new 32gig. I'm keeping it totally covered up so I can get top dollar for it next month.

16. pblakk macrumors member

I can't go naked, too slippery and thin for me without:

Attached Files:

17. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

Dropped mine a week after I got it... Only had a slight crack on the back but it has been in a case ever since. Also put a screen protector since it has been shown to help against the screen cracking from drops.

18. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Phone book??? While you were outside enjoying life, did you notice that the 80s came and went?

19. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Actually, the iphone fanatics don't enjoy life to its fullest either. They are bent over, buried into that cell phone most of the day caressing it, hugging it, texting, not enjoying life at all, and missing out on the 21st Century. ;)

20. gta50419 macrumors 6502

I've been rocking my phone naked for about a year in a half, Drop it everyday.
    No cracks, Visible damage except for 2 tiny scratches.

No need for a case in the first place, Iphone 4 is like a tank.

21. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Generalizations are usually a mistake (notice, I said usually, not always).

The fact that you are here in the forum casting criticism to and fro instead of white water rafting or jumping out of airplanes tells me a lot.

22. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

IPhone 4 never once seen a case

----------

Sometimes I look at the gigantic cases some people have and the experience is not even the same

23. The Human Herd macrumors newbie

I baby my 4S. In fact, I baby all of my Apple products.

I've got a screen protector and an otterbox commuter case on my phone. Yellow and gray.

Even if I was going to upgrade to the iPhone 5, I wouldn't take the protection off of my 4S.

24. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

anyone who had this in mind would have enjoyed the design from the very first day they got it; not a few weeks before a new design comes out.

the only logical reason to cover a gadget which cost millions to design by the greatest designers and engineers in the industry with an ugly, swollen, $15 rubber case is to be able to re-sell it at a higher price.

25. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I never use a case except for when I am on vacation. Then I will throw it in a mophie so I can stay juiced while I am away from outlets all day. But for my normal routine it's always naked. I've never cracked it/broken it/scratched it. I'm not sure what some people do with their phones. Just keep it in a pocket by itself and you can avoid a lot of problems. I see women literally throw their phones into a purse with their keys and everything else, it's no wonder there are so many banged up phones.