Rocketfish™ - 30-Pin-to-Composite A/V and USB Cable

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

I recently bought my new TV from Samsung, 55inch Smart TV;), and i wanted to use the TV to connect my ipad2 to play around with it. So i wend to Bestbuy yesterday and bought this cable. on the box, it says that it is compatible with ipad 2, but if i plug it in, it does not work with my ipad. (says no signal), if change my input from TV as USB, then my TV can show photos from my iPad 2, but thats it!
    I wanted to actually have my TV to show the same screen as my iPad screen.

Is there something wrong with the cable? or is it me that purchased the wrong item?

I am going to post a product link from Bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...able/2343581.p?id=1218322743160&skuId=2343581

2. Noxide400 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure of the wire in particular but the ipad will not mirror its screen onto your tv alone. The app being used must support display out. ei: netflix app, videos or movies from the ipod app, etc will display on an external dispaly . If you want to mirror your ipad screen to the tv, you have to jail break the ipad and install and app from cydia called Display Out. If you don't know what cydia is.. cydia is like the app store. ..just for jail broken devices.

Also, I think the idevices are supposed to only support VGA and HDMI output. Funny thing is, I have a component cable that works so I'm not 100% sure about the wires.