Rod Rosenstein is out! Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned. ...or NOT??

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Sep 24, 2018.

1. PracticalMac, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Flash!

Details limited for Axios has stated Rod offered a verbal resignation to John Kelly, expected #45 was to fire him anyway.
    WaPo article (more will be coming out)

Chaos escalates.

UPDATE 10pm CT:

New reports are Rod may be asked to stay on?!?!

2. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. If anything, I’m surprised it took this long.

3. raqball macrumors 68000

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Monday Morning Massacre?

Like my avatar says, impeach the mother****er already!

5. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Sarcasm not your strong point.

Sessions still chugging along.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Ha...the guy reportedly made plans to secretly record the president and maybe organize a 25th Amendment plot. If that doesn't get you the boot, what does??

7. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

Interesting that Trump believes this story from the Failing New York Times. They’re always fake news to him, but this gives Trump an excuse to fire Rosenstein, so I guess it’s true

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Every day I get the feeling that this country is sliding one step closer to either a de facto dictatorship, or to outright civil war. And, in a small way, this news is just one more step along that road.

I'm not going to claim Rod Rosenstein was my idea of a hero. But he had integrity, he was a talented civil servant trying to do his job, in a Justice Department under siege by the Trump Regime.

Was he fired? Was he forced to resign? Had he just had enough of the b/s working in the Trump era? Was he the victim of a carefully orchestrated hit by Republicans eager to remove a thin layer of protection for the Mueller investigation? Who knows.

Rod Rosenstein will likely soon be offered a partnership with a big New York or Washington law firm. He'll be making five or ten times more money. And I don't begrudge him that.

But tonight there will be just one less brick in the wall between us as a free and democratic society, and a lawless, authoritarian banana republic.

9. PracticalMac, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018

PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Its like that other NYT story about the mystery person swiping documents off #45 desk. 45 was all over it, despite saying NYT only pedaled fake news. So easy to trigger #45.

10. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Fair point. Do you think the story is inaccurate?

11. samcraig macrumors P6

We're that much closer (if we aren't there already) to a full on banana republic.

12. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

The only missing bricks in a wall is the ones on #45's ill fated border wall.

I see no danger of a civil war, but there is many cracks in our society.
    The irony is #45 may have helped the US in long run by revealing those cracks.

13. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Alternatively, he discussed legally removing the president from office based on his experience.

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Assuming the NYT story is accurate, should he face no discipline for that?

15. samcraig macrumors P6

It would be nice if you just stated your opinion vs asking question of others. Because the question you're asking has nothing to do with my comment nor does it negate it. Also - your question is rifled with what ifs.

16. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

I don’t know, it hasn’t been corroborated and Rosenstein denied it. I’m not sure what to believe anymore.

And I think that’s Trump’s goal, he wants to confuse and distract.

17. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Didn't he specifically deny that part?

18. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

19. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Depends on whether you think his employment should be based on the good of the president or the good of the country.

20. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Haha ok. I know I'm facing an uphill battle because Rod Rosenstein will be the hero of the day for you guys. I'll rephrase. In my opinion, if the deputy attorney general discussed a plot to secretly and probably illegally record the President of the United State, that is grounds to be fired. The only question is the politics of it.

21. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

You are either with us or against us basically. Those that agree with our policies get to stay. Those that oppose must leave. Imagine if all jurors were told this before ruling on a case.
    It is like a corrupted mafia network. Communist and Apartheid governments work like this. Like corrupt Police officers or corrupt government officials picking their own anti-corruption leader who must (as Trump says) swear loyalty to them before being elected or considered for election :eek::rolleyes:

22. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

I've pretty much all but given up on this country doing anything for the good of it's people. It's all nonsense fighting between parties, no one stands for anything the constitution set forth and twitter has become the intercom system of the highest seat of government.. it's just wrong no matter how you slice it up. United States will never full recover from the damage done during the last couple years. Only going to get worse.

23. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I was just restating what you said without the spin.

24. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Alternatively, the deputy attorney general discussed how to legally gather evidence against POTUS.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

It's twice he's pushing this what if scenario as if it could be fact. I get it though. Trump has no regard for the law, makes things up and is irrational. That doesn't mean everyone is the same just because they don't agree with Trump.