Rogers and the iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AmbiguousNinja, Nov 9, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Hey everyone, I plan on buying an iPhone 4S on a 3year plan with Rogers. They have a page dedicated to the iPhone 4S (http://www.rogers.com/web/content/iphone4s) and I can check prices (159.99 and other standard stuff) but when i go to choose a plan for it, the iPhone 4S is not an option. I'm pretty sure Rogers has carried the 4S since launch day so is there a reason I can't customize my plan online with it? Thanks :)

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I know they've carried it since launch day, because I know someone that went in to Apple and got on that day on his Rogers plan. However, are you sure they have them available and they aren't sold out?

3. AmbiguousNinja thread starter macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Well even if they were sold out (which is unlikely since it's online) I should still be able to at least see an option for the 4S.

4. garbeth macrumors regular

I'd never give Rogers a single penny of my money

5. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

I'm letting my Rogers contract run out and bought my 4S at Apple unlocked. I would look at other carriers to see if there are better options, as well in some areas their cell reception is horrible. Rogers customer service sucks.

6. chrisvee macrumors regular

I've had some pleasant and not-so-pleasant experiences with Rogers CS. It happens with every carrier really, I have heard stories about all of them. Personally, I find the customer relations department (retentions) at Rogers is very helpful.

As for the OP, just go to a local Rogers store or even the Apple Store if possible, it will probably be easier that way. I have had my share of difficulties with the Rogers website, so screw it. :rolleyes:

7. atomictom macrumors newbie

No retention offer for me

Just got off the phone with retentions.

My 3Y contract renews Aug 2012.

The new policy is no free HUP until 2 1/2 years into contract; it used to be 2 years.

So the fee to upgrade is $45 plus a 3Y plan plus the HW fee.

I'm considering my options. I don't want to pay MORE. My iPhone 3G with iOS5 is now slow. Don't think I should pay again.

I could cancel at a cost of $240 or so.

Is this just normal business, or should I expect them to be trying harder to keep my business, as a 6 year customer?