Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
So I've waited 14 days for my phone, and qualified for the $50 rebate on Friday.

Yesterday, Rogers sent me an email saying it will be shipped to my Toronto location and will arrive Friday.

I randomly decided to check the UPS website to see where it was, and it says:

Shipping Information

To:
AURORA, CA

The lady on the phone said it has to be shipped to Aurora before it arrives in Toronto. Is this true? I just find it weird it says it's going "To: Aurora, Ca".

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
So I've waited 14 days for my phone, and qualified for the $50 rebate on Friday.

Yesterday, Rogers sent me an email saying it will be shipped to my Toronto location and will arrive Friday.

I randomly decided to check the UPS website to see where it was, and it says:

The lady on the phone said it has to be shipped to Aurora before it arrives in Toronto. Is this true? I just find it weird it says it's going "To: Aurora, Ca".

That is a bit odd. I'm in North York and my phone ended up in the concord location before it was sent to my rogers location.

Are you a bit north of Toronto maybe?

Edit: I wouldn't really worry about it too much though...it'll get there.

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
That is a bit odd. I'm in North York and my phone ended up in the concord location before it was sent to my rogers location.

Are you a bit north of Toronto maybe?

Edit: I wouldn't really worry about it too much though...it'll get there.

I'm from DT Toronto, and sent it to the DT location. On the UPS site, it says:

Location Date Local Time Activity
Concord, ON, Canada 10/10/2012 11:59 Delivered
Concord, ON, Canada 10/09/2012 17:59 Destination Scan
10/09/2012 17:58 Origin Scan
Canada 10/09/2012 20:30 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

so mine has been on Concord too. She said call back tomorrow because she said it is probably suppose to go to Aurora before it goes to DT Toronto.

I've been sent two emails (reservation email and shipment confirmation) both stating it will arrive at DT Toronto. I talked to the girl on Rogers this morning and she said ignore whatever UPS says on the site, whatever it says on the My Rogers site is where it will be sent. On the My Rogers site, it says:

PICKUP LOCATION
Rogers Authorized Dealer Wireless Communications Plus
525 University,
Toronto, ON M5G2L3
(905) 830-9944

which is the location I chose, but what I don't get is that the phone number is from Aurora. I called them and they said the e-mail must have been a typo.

Did your "Shipping Information" say it was going to ship to the city you chose, or did it show Concord first?

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
I'm from DT Toronto, and sent it to the DT location. On the UPS site, it says:

so mine has been on Concord too. She said call back tomorrow because she said it is probably suppose to go to Aurora before it goes to DT Toronto.

I've been sent two emails (reservation email and shipment confirmation) both stating it will arrive at DT Toronto. I talked to the girl on Rogers this morning and she said ignore whatever UPS says on the site, whatever it says on the My Rogers site is where it will be sent. On the My Rogers site, it says:

which is the location I chose, but what I don't get is that the phone number is from Aurora. I called them and they said the e-mail must have been a typo.

Did your "Shipping Information" say it was going to ship to the city you chose, or did it show Concord first?

Can't UPS just tell you what the final destination of the package is? If the thing says its going to the right location then even a UPS driver couldn't screw that up...

Mine MIGHT have said to Concord originally but I can't fully remember...my "destination" was definitely my city...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.