Rogers pulls last minute awesomeness. Existing 3G owners getting $250$500 off the 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by junkmeh, Jun 18, 2009.

1. junkmeh macrumors newbie

As per Keith Mcarthur (http://www.twitter.com/rogerskeith)

http://twitter.com/rogershelps

Rogers Wireless customers who bought the device before Sept 30, 2008 and spend $99 a month get a $500 savings off no term price.

Rogers is offering all Rogers Wireless customers who bought an iPhone in 2008 a minimum savings of $250 savings off the no term price

Qualifying Rogers Wireless iPhone owners can acquire the 16GB 3G S for as low as $199 and the 32GB version as low as $299.

Rogers Wireless will be discounting the iPhone 3G S to provide savings of between $250 and $500 for current qualifying iPhone customers.

Rogers is happy to announce big savings for our existing iPhone customers looking to upgrade to 3G S.

Ready iPhone fans? Here’s the news you’ve been waiting for.

2. Marconelly macrumors 6502

Marconelly

Great news, but do you know by any chance what is the eligibility/price to upgrade for people who own some other phone under the Rogers contract, and have been on that contract for more than 2.5 years?

3. FPCat macrumors newbie

Awesome

This is great news, and totally unexpected from Rogers! Plus tethering! I really can't say anything bad (at least about the wirelss division)..

4. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Can you forward this to ATT? Maybe to their CEO and his mom.

it's time to lay the SMACK

5. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

6. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Never in a million years would I have guessed THIS thread would have started this kind of banter...:rolleyes:

7. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

This is awesome news - I get less and less bothered about the fact that I will have to go with these guys :D

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Simply amazing. I'm calling Obama! Someone needs to step in and tell AT&T to get their act together like Rogers!

Edit: Nevermind. I read it wrong. :)

9. kenbrinkman macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

AT&T did the same thing, right? I got an email yesterday saying that Apple's crediting me $200 because AT&T changed their upgrading policies, so my $500 32GB 3G S is the $299 as advertised.

10. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Compared to AT&T Rogers is a godsend. I don't at all care that I'm locked into a 3 year term. With upgrade eligibility like this I'll be a lifer anyway! (Not to mention we get MMS and tethering right out of the gate!) -- no excuses AT&T, play like a champ.

11. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

It's so weird seeing Rogers play nice with customers. I mean, honestly, I work for them, and most of the pricing is redonkulous. It's really nice that Rogers is giving 1) Free tethering until the end of the year at least, and 2) Giving existing 3G customers a huge break on the 3GS pricing.

12. Kevlar macrumors 6502