Rogers Sent my last gen iPhone instead of 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by artooro, Jun 23, 2009.

1. artooro macrumors newbie

Friday I called Rogers and requested the iPhone 3G S and today UPS dropped off a small box, and inside I find an iPhone 3G 16GB, but nowhere do I see "3G S"

So I proceed anyway thinking Apple might have not updated the box, plug it into my laptop and find out that it's still on the OS 2.1!

Anyone else come across this? Or are some 3G S phones coming with software 2.1 and the physical devices are so much alike that I can't even notice the difference between the S and not?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It's not 3G S.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

That is why I order direct from Apple. Carriers are retards.

4. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

On the back of the iphone, if the Apple logo AND the lettering on the bottom is shiny and mirror like, then it's a 3GS. If just the logo is shiny, then it's a 3G.

5. artooro thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the Apple logo on the back of the phone is mirror like. I can see myself in it.

But did any iPhone 3G S devices come with 2.1 software? I'd have assumed they all came with 3.0 preinstalled.

6. Cask Guest

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

They all come with 3.0. The lettering on the bottom of the back should be shiny and bright and not dull. Also the model number is different under settings, general, about. My 32GB white is MB718LL.

8. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

They sent you a 3G phone them up. They sell both currently so they made a mistake.

9. netslacker macrumors 6502

Most imporantly, the box for the 3GS says "iPhone 3G S" all over it.

Why would you think apple wouldn't update their box to the new name?

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

11. starstudded macrumors newbie

Man you are scaring me. I am waiting for my 16gb white 3GS from Rogers and you are getting me worried they might make this mistake on me too! So incompetent, these Robbers. They don't even give us tracking information and I ordered it on Saturday. Keeps telling me 3-5 business days.