Roku/Hulu+...kind of let down

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by .JahJahwarrior., Jun 24, 2011.

1. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

Been using an AppleTV for a while, and love it. Works great, no problems with Netflix.

Can't get DirectTV, local cable provider (only one) is ridiculous, and for the most part, we are fine with just the most basic cable, and Netflix. Huluplus is cheap, and it would be nice to watch recent episodes of shows, when I'd like, without having to pay huge sums for expanded cable, an HD package, and a DVR, just for two things: HGTV and So You Think You Can Dance.

Got a Roku unit to watch Hulu+ on the TV, but apparently I missed the fine print that neither HGTV shows, nor the So You Think You Can Dance, are available on Roku.

I guess I'll have to get a mini dvi to HDMI adaptor and just play them off my computer. Looks like this Roku might be getting a factory reset, and returned to Amazon, as it would then do nothing that I can't do with apple tv or my computer. Am I the only one who feels let down by the Hulu+/Roku experience?

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

This is the issue with hulu plus. When I did my trial over half of what I wanted to watch was online/ computer only.