Romney Mocked for Airplane Remark

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 184550, Sep 24, 2012.

1. 184550 Guest

POLITICO

Make sure to scroll down and read some of the tweets for #RomneyPlaneFeatures .

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

On one hand, we all say dumb stuff off the cuff now and then. On the other hand, when you have a mic in your face and you are running for POTUS you should really choose your words more carefully.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Can this guy go a day without a ****ing gaffe?

Stolen from Twitter:

Romney was going to release his taxes...but they blew out the window.

In case of emergency, passengers are expected to take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

Oxygen masks will only be provided for First Class. The other passengers need to stop acting like victims.

4. 184550 thread starter Guest

Saw this one on Twitter, thought it was pretty good.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

That's brilliant! :) PS, you don't want windows that passengers can open, besides no one can get out of them. Lol! :D

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Wasn't this regarding his wife on the plane that was smoking or something like that?

If so I'll give him a pass on this one.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I won't. When you think that putting dogs on roofs of cars like luggage is good, but sealed airplane windows are bad, it shows a profound lack of judgement and common sense. Both of which I consider CRITICAL for office of POTUS.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I will give him a pass on the comment but at the same time not going to pass up making fun of the stuff. If anything this is one of those things he should laugh it off and if anything make fun of himself for it.

It is kind of like #BasketballReasons.

9. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I agree. Windows should roll down on airplanes. But they should use a manual lever because electronic windows would obviously interfere with pertinent airline communications, just like Words With Friends. Plus, I don't think there would be anything cuter than watching a dog stick his head out the window of a 787 at an altitude of 35k feet. Oh by the way, dogs should also fly free on all airlines. :p

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This is just about the dumbest thing he's said so far. This is 6th grade science class lessons on the atmosphere.

Have fun breathing with the windows open at over 20,000 feet Mitt.

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Glad to hear his wife and the other passengers were OK. As for Mitt's comment, I'd pay good money to see him open a window at 20,000 feet.

12. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Have fun holding to your dear life not to get sucked out the open window.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He must've had the same middle school science teacher as Todd Akin.

14. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

This is a non issue, the guy was joking. Of course the liberal lapdog media, is ready to pounce on anything to make Romney look bad.

15. APlotdevice, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Basically the Romney campaign's strategy has been to present everything the President says completely out of context. :rolleyes:

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

umm if the presidate said the same thing you can bet the media would be jumping all over it.

He pretty much made him self look like an idiot. Best thing Rodmey should do is laugh it off. I see it as just something really funny as we all have said something that when you look back on it even 30 sec later you know it came out really wrong and pretty funny.

17. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Not sure the potus would get the same treatment from the main stream media if he made a similar joke or any gaffe for that matter.

18. Andeavor macrumors 6502

The lapdog media doesn't have to do anything, Romney is making an ass out of himself all on his own.

19. mcrain, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Actually, the so-called mainstream media was heavily biased against the POTUS. The coverage during this election cycle was heavily weighted in favor of the Republicans, up to the point when Romney started sticking his foot in his mouth and his head in another oriface.

[​IMG]

During the '08 cycle, it was the same thing.

20. 184550 thread starter Guest

Have a video of the remarks you can post here so that we can judge the tone?

21. vega07 macrumors 65816

Yeah, you guys need to leave Mittney alone! Stop it!

22. 184550 thread starter Guest

Ann!? :eek:

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'll post it for him (or at least the best I could find on YT). The line occurs 23 seconds into the video:

24. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Quite the opposite, the media is heavily biased towards the Republicans and only presents one point of view.

http://www.mrc.org/media-reality-ch...n-camera-tape-bury-obamas-redistribution-clip