Romney Releases Details of Tax Plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 184550, Oct 16, 2012.

1. 184550 Guest

Romney Tax Plan

I hadn't seen this yet, do not know if any of you have or not.

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

Love it. This should resonate with a lot of people.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

4. 184550 thread starter Guest

Silly me, I tried to click on the blue text thinking it actually linked to something.

Now, I'm not too terribly informed when if comes to tax policy but I seriously doubt 271 words is enough to convey much of anything when it comes to tax policy.

You're doing it wrong when your attack (246 words) on the sitting President on your tax page is almost as long as your actual 'tax policy'.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Ok and what is this page conveying? A hell of a lot less words. http://www.barackobama.com/taxes

6. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

From the site:

Dont' all those things primarily benefit wealthy people?

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Republican Rule Book, pg. 2:

When you can't provide a response to the question you are called out on, deflect it with a claim of "well, what about this person?!?".

BL.

8. 184550 thread starter Guest

Did you forget the four years of hands on experience too?

If Romney is elected and actually conjures up his supposed tax plan, from is known about it, I'll end up paying about $1,800 per year more than I've paid under four years of Obama.

9. vega07 macrumors 65816

Fooled me, too. :mad: I should have known better.

----------

What they also don't understand is that Obama does have a plan which he's been repeating forever. It's to END THE BUSH TAX CUTS.

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Romney's tax plan includes

However, the reality is that before President Obama exploded the size of the federal government, our existing tax rates were more or less adequate to pay for the government we needed.

Come on, really? This is a man we should take seriously? He is starting to make Ron Paul look like Albert Einstein by comparison. Scary indeed.

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

looking forward to tonight's debate ... I am sure Obama will be bringing his A game this time.

Just like sports ... Obama is going to bounce back from his last choke.

If there was sports style betting on this ... bet the house tonight on Barak. :cool:

12. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Funny stuff.

One of the items in Romney's tax plan is to get rid of the death tax. How do you guys feel about this? I am for getting rid of this tax, as I have already paid tax on that money, and after I am dead the government should not be able to tax the same money again.

----------

There are also other web sites that outline it as well. It looks like many are just stating over and over again that he does not have a tax plan in hopes that the people will believe it if they hear it enough. Common political strategy these days.

----------

That quote from Romney is great and accurate. One reason I like him. The more I read and hear, the more I like him.

13. 184550 thread starter Guest

You mean the Estate Tax?

Given I live in America, and enjoy doing so, I'm more than happy to contribute towards it's continued success and prosperity.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yeah, Romney's plan will cost me directly as well and I still question the man's math. He keeps saying, in effect, that his tax plan is cheap, fast, and good and we can pick any three, which makes me suspicious.

The only thing I can see that's new from the usual Republican boilerplate is the switch to a territorial tax system.

15. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Not a tax expert here but the 'same money' gets taxed again and again and again as it cycles through the economy doesn't it? I mean, I get my pay check and that money is taxed. I take what's left over and pay the handyman to fix my leaky gutters and it's taxed again. The handyman takes what I just gave him and pays a mechanic to fix his truck and it's taxed again. Etc., etc., etc.,.

Plus the estate tax doesn't kick in until you get past the $5mil mark so it's not like your heirs (or whomever you leave your estate too) are getting nickel and dimed.

16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Accurate? Seriously? Where did all the red ink come from after Clinton brought the deficit under control, then?

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's great. :p

That's his increase-the-debt plan. Where's his tax plan?

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Given you will be dead why do you care?

19. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Then your ok with your family paying it?

20. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The family only pays for it if they are the beneficiaries.

21. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Because I care about my family and what I leave them when I am gone.

22. henchman macrumors 6502a

I'm sure everyone is aware that his tax plan has been completely been debunked.
    There is no way he can do what he says, without raising taxes in the middle class.
    Pure and simple.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If my family inherit a large amount of money, then sure what's the big deal?

Frankly large inheritances were what our aristocracy did (and still do), I think they go against everything America stands for.

24. 184550 thread starter Guest

Update:

POLITICO