Romney to Announce VP Pick Tomorrow Morning in Norfolk, VA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 184550, Aug 10, 2012.

1. 184550 Guest

Breaking news from Politico.

2. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

If Romney picks Paul Ryan as VP, Obama wins Florida in a land slide!

VuIture/Voucher 2012!

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I could see him going with that choice. He's good looking and young so some women and younger voters might warm up to the campaign. On the other hand, there's that whole Ryan Budget thing which brings a whole other issue into the mix.

I know the location doesn't mean anything. But it would make sense if he really did go with the Virginia Governor. They seem a good match style wise. Less to clash with. Especially if you win...you gotta work with this person for four or eight years so you got to pick someone compatible. Worse then dating. lol

Although what poor timing. This announcement goes out on a Friday night when no one is listening? He picks a weekend when people aren't really paying attention and when the Olympics is still going on? He couldn't wait just a few more days until Monday or Tuesday? For someone that touts his management experience, the timing of this seems to be a bad management decision. He just shaved a few days off of the big buzz his pick would have. Maybe it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and maybe they will still be talking about it all day Monday, but I still would have done it when all the news people are in the office during a business day. Then again, I have never ran a political campaign either. :D

4. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

CNN seems confident it's Paul Ryan. I think Marco Rubio would be the best choice. And Levi Johnston would be the fun choice! :D

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Speaking of the specific location, He's announcing it at Natacus in Norfolk, VA, where the USS Wisconsin is "parked".

6. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The very first question they should ask Paul Ryan is how many years of tax returns did you have to show to be vetted by Mitt Romney. And do you think Mitt Romney should offer the same transparency to the American voter.

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

He should use the opportunity to announce that he would recommission the Iowa's or build a new class of BB's instead of announcing his VP. Probably about the only thing I would support in his presidency. ;) :p

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Paul Ryan is probably the biggest jerk in congress. I hope he does pick him.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, he will. He has to go slimey, the base will accept no less.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

So true.

This also declares Ryan's budget plan open season.

It will be an election of the rich versus the middle class and poor.

11. leekohler, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

12. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

heaven forbid someone with balls to try to get the budget under control :rolleyes:

Where is Obamas Budget or his beloved democratic senate...

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Heaven forbid we elect a homophobic douchebag to the White House.

Why won't the GOP ever play ball the help this country, even when the president gave them their tax cuts?

BTW- taxes are lower than they have been in decades, where are the jobs the GOP promised?

15. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

The one that had a homosexual on his staff that stepped out on his own accord. It's that blind mindset that all conservatives are 'homophobes' that make you no better than what you claim the 'enemy' to be.

A lot of us conservatives are ready to help others better themselves and have a state of provident living, helping others achieve and not just government hand outs and entitlements that are running us and our futures dry.

As for playing Ball... wasn't it Obama that said its not the red states of america or blue states of america, but the united states of america... yeah he's playing ball.:rolleyes:

16. mgguy, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

You already have with obama. As I recall he was against same sex marriage when he was elected and only recently changed his position.

17. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I think the term was 'evolved'.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

BS- prove it and stop supporting homophobes. When you do that, I'l believe you. Until then, it's just lip service.

This has been explained so many times now, I have no patience to do it again. Stop being disingenuous. We knew Obamas's intentions by his history. He has delivered on gay rights like no other president. DADT is gone and DOMA is not defended.

Yeah, some people actually end up doing what's right. The GOP never will.

19. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

His history was to oppose same sex marriage. On what basis did you think his position would change? He continued to not support it even after his election, so he apparently didn't oppose it only for political reasons.

20. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

The thread is about a VP pick not a homosexual activist/rights/anti conservative witch hunt. All in all I can't tell you what to think or prove anything to you that you already have your mind set on, anymore than you can force your view on myself or anyone else.

----------

Including it evolving 6 months before an election.. I suppose it was item no. 999 on things to accomplish this term...

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This. Do you think Obama only came into existence when he was running for president?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...a/president-barack-obamas-shift-gay-marriage/

But yet, Obama delivered when we knew he would. Ryan and Romney wish to reverse all of that. Read my previous link.

BTW- yes, this thread is about a VP pick. And we should be able to talk about their stances on all issues.

22. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

... from your article....
    Our ruling

Obama, a consistent supporter of civil rights for gay couples, nevertheless said as early as 2004 and through 2008 that he didn’t support same-sex marriage. He had written that he believed "that American society can choose to carve out a special place for the union of a man and a woman." In 2010, he said he wasn’t prepared to reverse himself. This week, the president said he thinks same-sex couples should be able to get married. On the Flip-O-Meter, he earns a Full Flop.

Enlighten us.

----------

And there are hundreds of threads already existing on those issues.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You left this out from the same article. This is not my first rodeo.

Ryan, however, is a complete douchebag on the issue.

24. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

So he really flips... what happens when he flips again?

25. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

A flipper, ya never know what they'll do next! ;)