Romney's 12 Million Jobs - The Math

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 18, 2012.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

While our media is obsessed over semantics (act of terror vs. terrorist attack) and binders full of women (the story also a lie), why aren't we hearing much about Romney's 12 million jobs lie?

Attached Files:

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Obama is going to make it hard for Romney to fix his mess.

3. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

How can it be a lie if it has not happened yet? :confused: His first term is not over yet so no lie. What is there to talk about.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Not really.

I assume you have been watching the polls lately. That's why you're scrabbling to try to make Romney look bad.

I think you are putting your efforts into the wrong basket. Probably 80% of the members here are already voting for Obama. You should probably buy a billboard in a battleground state.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

This has to be one of Romney's greatest strengths. I don't think he needs any help making himself look bad.

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

It's funny you mention that, because I always say it seems like there are a lot of people out there trying to make Obama look good and he sure needs the help.

8. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

9. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

So they should have reported 7.8* instead of 7.8?

*all state reports not in

So when the right accused them of cooking the books, there was no mention of this mysterious state.:rolleyes:

10. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Read the date. This was from last week, the weekly claims. Not when the right were screaming that the White house cooked the books.

11. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Are you intentionally being obtuse? Let me lay it out for you. He said he has a plan (backed up by studies) to create 12 million jobs in his first term. The backup he cites are for jobs created over a much longer period of time. Therefore, yet again, he is full of ****.

12. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I read the date, it was about a week after the 7.8% unemployment rate was released. The left is still praising the 7.8%, which is probably more like 15% if you count all the people who have dropped out of the work force, the under employeed, and the "mystery state".:rolleyes:

----------

:d

13. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Your talking point has been debunked. The number declined because MORE people entered the work force. Not left. Read Ezra Klein. He broke down the numbers.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You've been trying to make the President look bad for the entire campaign. So does that make you desperate all these months? Before you criticize someone else, you should perhaps check yourself in the mirror and call this one a draw.

What I want to know, and no one EVER seems to answer is that Romney claims that 23 million are looking for work. Okay, his plan says he'll put 12 million to work by the end of his first term. What about the rest? What do we do with them? Let them roam the streets begging for money? And even for the 12 million, if it takes 4 years to employ all of them, what about right now? What about in the meantime? I hear no solutions from either candidate on this issue.

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Hold on now, I haven't been making him look bad. He makes himself look bad and I am able to see it. Too bad you have your blue glasses on.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[​IMG]

And we thank you for your contribution. :)

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah I see. You aren't going to address that 11 million person gap either. Not surprised. As for the glasses, unlike you, I criticize both candidates. As I just did in the post you replied to.