Romney's son says he wanted to ‘Take A Swing At’ President Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nice. It seems that that warmth and charm (i.e. nasty spoiled rich privileged attitude) that exudes from both Mitt Romney (seen in spades during the debate tantrums), and his wife (with the let them eat cake "you people" don't need to see taxes comments) extends to the children as well.

Wanting to punch a sitting President? Wow...that's some respect for the office. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Not something you would expect from a family that wants to inhabit the White House. Disrespectful and not Presidential or professional looking at all. Then again, his dad isn't either so why should he be? The Romney family have definitely taken campaigning to new lows. It really is disgusting to see. For all their money and riches, they are examples and proof that money cannot buy you class.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/tagg...president-obama-for-calling-mitt-romney-liar/

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

A clear joke. Really reaching here aren't we.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Isn't it against the law or something to threaten an assault on the POTUS?

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

It is. It is a federal offense to threaten the POTUS. Someone at my university back in 1994 found that out the hard way, as he was arrested for sending 'I will kill you' to president at whitehouse dot gov from an email account that was left open by accident. not only did we trace it back to that account, but also traced it back to the user that sat down and sent it. It's a hefty sentence to threaten that.

It is never a joke when you threaten the leader of your country. But I'll digress. This sounds so much like what a 'presidential' family should act, doesn't it?

BL.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK, why do Republican candidates give their kids such stupid names? Tagg? Really? And one of Plain's kids was named Trig.

7. AhmedFaisal, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  8. vega07 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't take this seriously, but it's a very, very unusual thing for a presidential candidate's son to say.

I wonder if he felt that way when his opponents during the primaries called him a flip-flopper and a liar.

Says a lot about his character.

9. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I take this as someone saying "I could eat a horse" or "I wanted to kill that guy on the freeway" or "this thing weighs a ton". They are overexagerations of our emotions. He was angry, said he wanted to punch him. obviously he didnt REALLY want to punch him but he wanted to vent his anger. It wasnt a threat, he didnt say he WAS going to punch POTUS. People want to act like they never get angry and and play all innocent.

Now do I think the kid is a douche otherwise? yeah, he is pretty much an idiot on strings, but really, this is reaching. Must be a slow news day.

I do agree that it probably wasnt in his best interest to say it outloud, but really, I cant believe anyone is taking it serious in any regard.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

True on most counts, but I'll go even further and say that he wanted to take a punch at Obama. The person. That's fine and all (1st Amendment and all).

But as everyone else was told back in 2000 - 2008, at least respect the office of the POTUS. You do not say things like that, over-exaggerations or otherwise. There are some things you just do not say or do to someone in that office, or even in the Governor's office.

How pissed off would he be and a rant he would be on if someone in Massachusetts stated that they wanted to take a swing at Governor Romney?

That just is not cool at all, and he should know better. If not, Romney has some family issues he needs to deal with.

BL.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Hey. Put old mitt in the white house and then they will punch :

China.
    Iran.
    N. Korea.
    etc...

You want some more war ?

Vote mitt romney.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

13. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

His real name is Taggart. So....

To all those saying "this kid"..... "This kid" is 42 years old. He's not a kid.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I stand by my earlier question.

15. AhmedFaisal, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  16. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Reaching? If the situation was reversed and a Democrat made such a comment about your guy running, you would be having a fit and probably want him arrested.

But even if it is a joke (which it very well may be) that is not my point. My point is does this sound like something that should be coming out of a candidate's son's mouth? There is SO much negativity and frothing at the mouth that you conservatives do. I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the Republican party as a whole, has become a nasty lot. Unhappy people with chips on their shoulders and axes to grind.

Another Republican candidate son said the other day that people should send Obama back to Kenya. These comments are not professional. They do not match the offices for which their fathers are running. It's not acceptable to me, and it shouldn't be acceptable to you either, edk99. Or to anyone for that matter.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Taggert? He's probably named after one of the characters in Atlas Shrugged.

18. barkomatic macrumors 68040

What's the punchline then? This is no surprise, as Romney himself was a bully in school--why wouldn't his son have this trait also? This is clearly a family this is quite used to getting its way. It must be hard to finally reach a level where someone calls out your father for his misrepresentation when all your life you've seen people defer to him on everything. No one in that family probably deals with criticism very well.

19. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Well I can tell you one thing... we here in Massachusetts would love that. I could find you 100 people in less than 10 minutes to line up in Boston and take a swing at Mitt.

Maybe after he loses the election we can get Romney a dunk tank set up on Boylston St, charge 10 bucks per dunk, and donate the proceeds to charity. We all know how much Mitt loves to help charities. :D

20. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

maybe he likes Beverly Hills Cop.

21. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

This has been the most polarizing election I can remember. These guys really do not like each other. I guess it trickled down to the (Romney) family members as well.

22. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    A real fan would've named his kid Foley.

24. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

It is always pointed out when I post a biased link, and "have no credibility". This is one of those posts. It is obviously and anti Republican site.

Lets say it is true. If someone called your dad a liar and the accuser is actually the one who lied wouldn't you want to stand up for your dad?

----------

You do realize that the candidate you support is name "Barack Hussein Obama". and his kids are named Malia and Sasha (If my memory serves me). Are you sure you want to make fun of republican names?

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, I'm quite sure. Thanks.