Ron Paul Excluded from FOX News Debate?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by newguineafan, Dec 29, 2007.

1. newguineafan macrumors member

newguineafan

Latest news reports are saying that FOX News is excluding Ron Paul from the latest NH GOP debate on January 6th, 2008. I mean, how stupid is that? He is a top-tier candidate and he is being treated like garbage.

I'm not a Ron Paul spammer or troll, but this is just plain stupid!

If you want to contact Faux News and tell them how ridiculous this decision is, then please feel free to contact them and tell all of your friends.

Here are the contacts:

* General Comments
    o Email: yourcomments@foxnews.com
    o Phone: 1-888-369-4762
    * Kathy Ardleigh, Sen. Politics Producer
    o Phone: 212-301-3186
    o Email: kathy.ardleigh@foxnews.com
    * Thom Bird, Fox News Sen. Producer
    o Phone: 212-301-3250
    o Email: thom.bird@foxnews.com
    * Todd Ciganek, National News Editor
    o Phone: 212-301-3352
    o Email: todd.ciganek@foxnews.com
    * Ian Rae, Exec. VP News
    o Phone: 212-301-8552
    o Email: ian.rae@foxnews.com
    * John Moody, Sen VP News
    o Phone: 212-301-8560
    o Email: john.moody@foxnews.com
    * Brian Lewis, Executive Vice President of Corporate Communications
    o Phone: 212-301-3331
    o Fax: 212-819-0816
    o E-Mail: brian.lewis@foxnews.com
    * Irena Briganti, Vice President of Media Relations
    o Phone: 212-301-3608
    o Fax: 212-819-0816
    o E-Mail: irena.briganti@foxnews.com
    * Brian Knoblock, International Editor
    o Phone: 212-301-5486
    o Email: brian.knoblock@foxnews.com
    * Kim Schiller Hume, Wash DC Bureau Chief
    o Phone: 202-824-6389
    o Fax: 202-824-6426
    * Ken LaCorte, Los Angeles Bureau Chief
    o Phone: 310-571-2000
    o Fax: 310-571-2009
    * Justin Schmidt, Chicago Bureau Chief
    o Phone: 312-494-0428
    o Fax: 312-494-0445
    * Brit Hume, Managing Editor
    o Phone: 202-824-6470
    o Fax: 202-824-6426
    * David Asman, Fox News Host
    o Phone: 212-301-3944
    o Email: david.asman@foxnews.com
    * Shepard Smith, Fox Report Host
    o Phone: 212-301-3711
    o Email: shepard.smith@foxnews.com
    * Bill O'Reilly, O'Reilly Factor Host
    o Phone: 212-301-3320
    o Email: bill.oreilly@foxnews.com
    * Jane Skinner, News Anchor
    o Phone: 212-301-5023
    o Email: jane.skinner@foxnews.com

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Are you sure?

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I'm a Ron Paul supporter (not a troll) and even I object to your post, newguineafan. I sent an email to Fox News' comments emails (website and company) but beyond that, the spamming is not helping the cause. It just makes our fervent support flat out rude.

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Well, I am far from a Ron Paul supporter (see the Does he have a chance thread), but I think it absurd that he's being excluded from the Republican NH debate.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Makes you wonder if they are a little worried about his chances.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We have to remember that the big networks are owned by the corporate customers and Fox is more guilty then any about how it "adusts" the news. This is more of the same.

I dont watch Fox at all anymore if I can help it. Its the Republican Spin zone.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm worried about his chances.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I wouldnt, I think whoever the democrats nominate will be the next president because America is fed up with the rebublican path that we have been on for the past 7 yrs.

9. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Id understand this statement, if our votes actually counted.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I agree. The next president will probably be a democrat unless the party screws up.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I certainly hope so. Ron Paul is one scary guy. And quite honestly, I could give a crap what Faux News does. What they do isn't journalism anyway.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Right now I do not see that being the case. The top to candidates for the democrats have 2 huge things against them. One is a woman and the other is a minority.

I am not being racist or sexist saying those things but it is a matter of fact that we have way to many people in this country who are and they will never vote for a woman or a minority. Those 2 factors will play hard against them.

Now I want a democrat in office over a republican but I know they have a long hard road ahead of them because of the 2 factors I stated above.

13. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

As sad as this is to say, I think you are absolutely right.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think a majority of the people who wouldn't vote for someone due to their gender or race wouldn't be voting for a Democrat anyways. Perhaps there are a few exceptions, but not enough to matter

15. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

:D A bunch of cyber-libertarian supporters does not a top-tier candidate make.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I know what you're saying but I think there are many exceptions to that rule. Recently I've met three different women, democrats, who said they'd never vote for hillary.

17. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Ah yes, but did they say they aren't voting for Hillary because she is a woman? I think that is what yg17 was saying. There are people out there that wouldn't vote for Hillary JUST because she is a woman, and wouldn't vote for Obama JUST because he is black. Those people wouldn't traditionally vote Democrat anyway.

On topic: I'm certainly no fan of Ron Paul (in fact, he is probably one of the most frightening candidates running), but it isn't right to exclude anybody from any debates. The same thing happened to Kucinich in Iowa.

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Does anybody have a link confirming this?

edit: I'm seeing sources saying the event was cancelled three weeks ago, but that Paul had been invited regardless.

Manufactured outrage is awesome.

19. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

No, it's the neocon spin zone. All they talk about is how we need to have more government controls and big world government oversight.

cyber, funny. Maybe you want to check meetup.com maps of support of REAL people, or how about donation tally's that puts RP over 100,000 individual donors. Way more than any other candidate, dem or rep.

That's right. He was not excluded, the debate was cancelled. He has been invited to the January 5th ABC/WMUR GOP debate in New Hampshire. :)

20. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Ask and you shall receive!

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Not to blame RP for this but there is a problem in this country with fundraising, just because you raise the most money does not mean much in general. I would love to see the money taken out of campaigns and make it a level playing field across the board. Give all the candidates an equal chance.

I still don't see RP getting the air time as the other big name candidates.

22. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Your point is something I have wondered about for many months. I think that traditional democrats would not hesitate to vote for a woman, or a minority. But, in the upcoming election, the democratic candidate will have to also appeal to a large percentage of moderates.

Hillary bashing has been pretty intense over the past few months. If she becomes the candidate, the mudslinging will possibly be the worst ever seen. There are so many people who do not like her, mainly because they just do not like her. So, she has a double whammy going.

Obama basically came out of nowhere for most Americans. If you were going to describe the first serious black contender for President, I think you would end up with Obama. He is smart, articulate, charismatic and confident. Yet, there is going to be a group of people who just cannot pull the trigger for a black President. As of right now, I really do not have a feel for how large a group that is.

As for Ron Paul, he is attracting a great deal of attention right now. He seems to be finding a lot of support from moderates. In some respects he reminds me of a Goldwater conservative, but more focused toward libertarianism. He is raising quite a bit of money. I wonder if he would run as an independent, should he not get the republican nomination? That could hurt the democrats as he would draw off many moderate votes.

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

exactly. The moderates are who decide elections. Dem and Rep general have about the same amount of people voting. Problem comes is in those moderates who agree with a lot of what dems stand for but do not want a woman/black in office.

Look at history and at all our presidents. They all have American sounding names and look for lack of a better term very much like a white upper class American.

I think it really is going to hurt them. A lot more than some people here are pretending. It will make a lot of people think twice about it.

24. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'm seeing newer stories refuting this claim, but the original story remains alive. WTF is going on here?

25. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I did not mention, although it might be assumed, the issue is with white voters only.

Do you have any feel for how large that group is? I have been looking at some demographics of where the moderate vote geographically is, and what its composition is. Unfortunately, I am not finding a great deal of reliable information yet.