Ron Paul Liberty Report: Why Everything You Hear About Aleppo Is Wrong

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I am not generally a fan of co-host Daniel McAdams, but Ron Paul’s arguably the greatest statesman of the past century. The guest, Vanessa Beeley, is great. This is 25 minutes, I recommend listening.

Streamed live 20 hours ago

What's really going on in Aleppo? Are Assad and Putin exterminating the population for sport? Is it a war against US-backed "moderates"? That is what the mainstream media would have us believe. We speak with Vanessa Beeley, a journalist who just returned from Aleppo for the real story.​

2. MarkusL macrumors 6502

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Aleppo is that new Kia SUV, right? That's what Gary told me anyways.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The greatest statesmen of the last century. Bwahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!1!!!

5. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Yep, Ron Paul arguably is.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I....I really don't know what to say. Libertarian ideology boils down to power by wealth, nothing more. I can't think of any statesmanship on his end other than being against war, but statesmanship usually refers to relations with other country's so I'm racking my brain to figure out even one example.

7. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Statesman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statesman

A statesman or stateswoman is usually a politician, diplomat or other notable public figure who has had a long and respected career at the national or international level.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ah, I guess I personally always used the term as a short hand for one dealing with international relations, but wait there's more! :p

Still think his overall ideology is bunk, but I have an order of magnitude respect for Ron Paul over his dipshit son.

9. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I guess you couldn't be more wrong. Libertarian ideology boils down to zero aggression. Power is not a driving factor; liberty, equality, and freedom.

Pretty much classical liberalism.

http://www.libertarianism.org/

http://www.libertarianism.org/people/john-locke

But yeah make up whatever you want about the ideology.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yea. Don't care what the proclamations are. If everything relies on being able to sue, and no real regulation, then you essentially have the wealthiest people being able to do what they want.

The notion that you can sue after a defective or lethal product has already caused damage instead of having to pass through regulations is just ********. "Well, we know your kid died from contaminated food, but you can sue".

Come on.

It's rule by platitude, nothing more.

If you guys want to lay out this fantasy in more detail go ahead in a new thread, I've derailed this one enough.

11. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Ron "The South Was Right" Paul?

[​IMG]

12. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

I agree with you there. That said, I think Ron Paul has been usually right on the international front-at least I agree with his anti-interventionist stance.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's the one area I've agreed with him. I wish even the libertarians would call out empire for being empire, but given their half assed principles they can't even do that.

Not to mention that the entire ideology and party was a big business front group from day one...

14. Jess13, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

You don’t want to play the “Confederate flag = anti-black racist” game.

rapper.jpg

b.jpg

I mean the Ron Paul who wants to presidentially pardon tens of thousands of non-violent drug “criminals” nationwide, release them from prison and send them home to their communities and families.

Ron Paul is completely opposed to the racist “war on drugs,” which is really a war on “minorities.” Ron Paul wants to free tens of thousands of black and hispanic/latino men and women and send them home, among countless other great attributes, policy ideas, beliefs and would-be promises of the greatest living American statesman Ron Paul.

Watch this black Ron Paul supporter who is gay (the guy in YouTube thumbnail) explain it for you.

3:48-5:24

15. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

DERP. You don't understand appropriation when you see it.
    “The discussions that have been sparked after my performance of ‘Georgia’ at the 2005 VIBE Awards is my exact reason for wearing a depiction of the Confederate Flag. This flag represents the oppression that we as African-Americans have endured for years; this is a symbol of segregation and the racism that reigned not only throughout the South but throughout the entire United States. I wore it to represent where we came from, to remind people that Ray Charles’ original ‘Georgia’ was written because of that racism. At the end of the performance, I removed and stomped on the flag to reveal my version of the flag; a flag comprised of black, red, and green. Those are the colors of Africa. It is a representation and my interpretation of where we were and where we need to go. Racism is just as prevalent now and if we are not constantly mindful of our history and take charge of it, history is destined to repeat itself because of ignorance. In order to move forward, we must never forget where we were.

I hope people continue to question and challenge authority, media and themselves because questioning and challenging can only lead to enlightenment.”

[​IMG]

16. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Chipotle never had an ecoli problem, there are regulations against that? There are thousands of regulations for health and proper handling of food yet we still have kids dying from contaminated food. Your idea that a couple people pushing down tight regulations with one hand while sucking out your money with the other hand magically saves you, is blindness at its best. Now you toss in that the ideals of libertarians are suing people, you truly have no clue about what a libertarian ideology is.

You have actually only derailed this one in your own mind... But enjoy your self contrived victory...

17. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Cool, I didn’t know that.

Let me re-upload the image and re-upload half of that other one to highlight that numerous other black men and women do not share Ludacris’s belief, as evidenced by what their Confederate flags are captioned with.

rappers.jpg

b .jpg

18. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

Just to add, as it was lost in arguments about Ron Paul and the Confederate flag, the conflict in Syria has been misrepresented from the start in any case.

19. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

We can revisit your cluelessness on the appropriation of this flag in Hip-Hop and other art forms all day.

Post it agin, and again, and again. Wear your ignorance like a badge of honor. I don't care.

20. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

FYI: Telling others that they’re ‘ignorant’ is violation of forum rules.

Further, you have no argument.

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Regulations don't 100% prevent problems but they do make them a lot rarer. And they allow people that don't have tons of money to respond in court to companies that ignore them.

22. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Such anger. I would like to lighten the mood with this clip of Ron Paul that everyone can enjoy.

23. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

National treasure Jeff Steinberg with VA Senator Richard Black, who has been to Syria recently.

Published on Sep 29, 2016

EIR's Jeff Steinberg sits down with Virginia State Senator Richard Black to discuss the reality on the ground in Aleppo, Syria vs. the lies permeating the Western press. Having recently returned from a tour of Syria, including a meeting with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Black is committed to educating his fellow Americans about how U.S./UK strategy of regime change is destroying this once prosperous, non-belligerent and progressive country.​

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

True fact. The Syrian Civil War was an internal conflict which began as a bigoted and traitorous uprising against a religious minority and the internationally recognized Syrian government.

The conflict would have ended quickly except that Obama introduced an endless supply of high-tech weaponry, thus ensuring that the slaughter would continue for years.

25. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

“Quit blaming Obama for helping to kill hundreds of thousands of Syrian victims! Putin!”

Ctrf9WdWIAAhHcN.jpg-large.jpeg

Warbama.png

moderate.jpg