Roseanne Barr Tweets Racist Message About Obama Advisor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 29, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Wanda Sykes has already quit her job on the Roseanne Reboot and Roseanne quit twitter after this happened:

"Roseanne Barr on Tuesday attacked former President Obama White House adviser Valerie Jarett in a since deleted tweet alleging connections to the Muslim Brotherhood that is being called racist by many.

In the tweet, the ABC star of her self-titled show attacked Jarett, connecting her to the Islamist organization Muslim Brotherhood and the movie Planet of the Apes.

"Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote, using Jarrett's initials while replying to a tweet which accused Jarrett of helping to cover up alleged misdeeds for the Obama administration. "

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...er-racially-charged-planet-apes-tweet-1115319

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I enjoyed the reboot's first episode. I haven't watched since, not for any particular reason, I just don't watch many current sitcoms in general.

Sounds like she's stealing the playbook of Donny "No Brains" Drumpf. Pander to the racist crowd while keeping it vague enough so you can protect yourself.

At least she deleted the tweet and apologized instead of doubling down on it.

3. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

She’s the woman that dressed up as Hitler and held a batch of burnt ginger bread men isn’t she?? I don’t think any decent human being pays attention to such an antisemite. Then again I bet some do....

4. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Well, if you’re truly concerned about anti semetism then perhaps you should check out what the Koran says about the Jews. Hint: prepare to be triggered.

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I imagine if the Quran was on broadcast television weekly, that would raise a fair bit of concern here in the states.

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Many probably would be if they had any interest at all in reading the Qaran. Speaking for myself, I have no desire or interest at reading another book of religious text.

7. 0007776 Suspended

The name sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't know much about this person. However this is clearly an inappropriate hting to say.

8. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

She apologized for it now. And Sara Gilbert sent out a tweet saying her comments do not reflect the beliefs of anyone associated with the show.

Roseanne just proves what a bunch of morons the MAGA crowd are. I’m not talking about people who held their nose and voted for Trump because they couldn’t stomach Hillary and like some of the things he’s done (tax cuts, judges, regulation etc.). I’m talking about the Trump cultists for whom there’s absolutely nothing he could say or do that would make them jump off his bandwagon. The ones that started with Sarah Palin and then jumped to Trump when she flamed out. These people actually believe Roseanne is one of them. They believe she’s pro-Trump. Ha, the only thing Roseanne is, is pro Roseanne. She’ll jump on the MAGA train if she thinks that will get her attention and ratings for her show. She’ll be off it just as fast once it doesn’t work anymore.

9. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Well, if the progressives don’t want to read the Koran then logic dictates that their claims that things like gays being thrown off buildings, curtsilement of women’s rights and constant terror attacks have “nothing to do with Islam” have no basis in reality.

10. eatrains macrumors 6502

A Trump supporter made an anti-black, anti-Muslim 'joke'? Color me shocked.

11. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Pray, tell, when was the last time you read the entirety of the Bible or the Torah?

ALL the major religious texts have these disgusting passages in them.

Also, which particular version of the Koran are you referring to? Just like the two previously named texts, there are literally dozens of different versions that relate to a given sect.

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

[​IMG]

When it's YOUR religious texts, it can't be so bad. Right?

13. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Worst part of that is that she’s Jewish...

Roseanne is sick in the head. She’s become senile in her golden years. Unfortunately I still love the show and the rest of the cast, and I’ll still be in the studio audience this summer...

14. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

No idea what this has to do with Roseanne Barr, but, even so, those types of biblical stories in the Koran are roughly comparable to similar stories in the Old Testament.

15. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Deflection noted.

16. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

She's butchered the National Anthem back in 1990. If that didn't make you think singing the National Anthem before a sporting event is a huge mistake. There is always Fergie's rendition.

17. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Do you have any response to Post #11? When was the last time you took issue with the inhumane teachings in the Bible?

18. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

That's hilarious, coming from the person who brought up the Koran in a discussion of Roseanne Barr.

19. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

20. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I like it when bad things happen to bad people.

21. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

No you won't. :(

22. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

This just in! Her show has been cancelled after her racist tweet. There is still good in this world :)

23. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

:eek::eek::eek:
    http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/roseanne-canceled-abc-1202824211/
    I wonder if she will be going the Tim Allen route?

24. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

25. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

Oh yes and the Bible said some horrible things too about what to do with slaves and wives and all that stuff. You should start a thread where we can all moan about religious texts, I’d be up for that :)

What does “triggered” mean? Is it like when a company pulls the trigger and fires a racist?