Rosedale Mall (Roseville), MN

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by dbrekke, Jun 21, 2010.

1. dbrekke macrumors newbie

I have my reservation but want to get it as soon as I can - so I will be in line EARLY Thursday morning. Just not sure where to line up before the mall opens at 7am. Anyone?

Dennis

2. mspman macrumors regular

mspman

I have a reservation too for Rosedale. I went over there on Saturday to ask, and they said they expected people to start lining up at 2am by the door to the Food Court. I asked about reservations, and she said that there will be a seperate line for reservations, but couldn't give me any guarantee as to how busy it will be.

She said the mall was opening at 6am, and people could line up outside the Apple Store starting then...

I suspect I'll get there around 6am.. maybe 5:30.

3. altMotiv macrumors newbie

I'm going to Rosedale too..

I think I'm going to go in there to ask a few more questions about this. What happens if multiple people are lined up at multiple doors? Is there a mad dash to the store? I reserved mine, so I'm not too worried about it, but I would like to be in and out as soon as possible, so I'd rather be closer to the front of the line. I have to be near rosedale on wednesday night, I'll probably swing through there just after dinner and ask some more questions but I plan on being there around 2 a.m.ish. I'd like to know if there is "roped off" areas outside for formed lines or if it isn't going to be that organized before 6am. If there is a rope and a set place to wait in line then I will for sure be there by 2am. If not, then I may show up around 5 or 530. Can't wait tho, stoked for sure!

4. altMotiv macrumors newbie

The door by the food court is the best bet...

Do you know a Dale Brekke that works for Cognex??

5. 2domjon macrumors newbie

Has anyone asked Rosedale how many reservations they have?
    If we know how many people plan on visiting the store that day it would be helpful in planning out what time to arrive

6. altMotiv macrumors newbie

Re:

The day after the preorder I went in there. They said that over 1000 people reserved phones for the Rosedale location. The guy didn't know for sure, but he said if those numbers were correct, that they would probably receive between 1500 and 2000 actual units. 1000 reservations is a lot though. I think there will be a good size line all day...just a guess...

7. 2domjon macrumors newbie

1000 reserved ~ Wow that's alot of sales & activations in 14 hours
    they open at 7am and close at 9pm
    are they staying open late?

plus walk-ins
    It's going to be quite the day!!!!